Qualcomm

www.qualcomm.com

Great for EngineersGG

Software Engineer (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsEngineer's heaven (depending on your tastes) - good company library, plentiful resources and small creature comforts. Places for a bit of exercise. Great cafeterias. Hours not rigid - great for those with long drives who want to avoid peak traffic times.

Another great aspect is Qualcomm is not directly making items for retail sale, but making the technology used by other companies who deal with the final product production and sales. It's like back in the gold rush days - to be a prospector might have been fun but rarely lucrative, but the shovel and tent makers and sellers earned plenty. It's nice to be in that part of the industrial system.

ConsSeveral buildings spread over a large campus. Nice for a late morning walk, but it takes time to go to a meeting or presentation in another building. They do have shuttles, so not a real problem. Another thing that might put off engineers who like smaller organizations - it's big! But if you like big, it's great.

principal engineer

Principal Engineer (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

I have been working at Qualcomm full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: good benefit and overall work environment Cons: depend on the department and groups you are in Advice to Senior Management: it depends on which department you are in Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

rewarding

Mask Design IV (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

I have been working at Qualcomm as a contractor for more than a year

Pros: working with new technology good CAD department Cons: very big company things can go slow Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Qualcomm.

Worked for Qualcomm? Contribute to the Community!