Qualcomm

www.qualcomm.com
There are newer employer reviews for Qualcomm

Good Stable Job

I have been working at Qualcomm full-time

Pros

Great people, benefits and values. If you want to settle down and raise a family it is a great option.

Cons

too many meetings, freedom constrained by requirement to protect intellectual property, large bureaucracy, large company. In spite of the rhetoric about innovation, the individual isn't going to make a huge difference or change the world.

Qualcomm is a dream job for the right person. I personally find the ability to innovate to be overshadowed by the need to protect the existing revenue stream. Its the classic innovators dilemma. Personally I find it stifling. I hate to bite the hand that feeds me though so thanks for the paycheck.

1840 Other Employee Reviews for Qualcomm (View Most Recent)

Like a start-up, but without the cash flow issues.

Current Employee - Director of Engineering in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Director of Engineering in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Qualcomm full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Lots of cutting edge wireless/embedded software work, across both 3G and 4G technologies. Highly competent engineering workforce, fairly grueling interview process. Good pay and benefits, no issues with career advancement if you're capable and willing to put in the effort.

Cons

Not a sweatshop, but can be very demanding at times. You must assert your own work/life balance, or the work and culture behind it will demand more and more from you.

Company culture is eroding in the face of increasing industry competition; upper management should try to hold on to the engineering-driven-company qualities that (still) make Qualcomm a special place to work.

Senior Audio Driver Engineer

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Qualcomm part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great work culture, flexible working hours, change to work on cutting edge technology

Cons

I cant really think of anything

None