Its cool

Current Employee - Graphic Designer in San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Graphic Designer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Qualcomm full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great campus, environment, gym, life

Cons

Too corporate, little collaboration, little room to grow

Advice to Management

More incentive for designers

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Better have a good college degree. Evidently 2 more years of college is way more important than 20+ years of real world

Former Contractor - Rather Not Say in San Diego, CA
    Former Contractor - Rather Not Say in San Diego, CA

I worked at Qualcomm as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Qualcomm has excellent opportunities to work with leading edge technology, IF you fit their definition of a professional. If not, better look elsewhere.

Cons

I was hired to work a 1 year contract. My contract was cancelled after only 3 months despite excellent performance evaluations. The word contract here has nothing but negative connotations. It only means they cannot give you a REAL direct hire position for the duration of the contract. Pay was low, benefits nonexistant. Not a pleasant experience.

Advice to Management

You should place more importance on proven ability than on a single piece of university paper.

2. Awesome HR and accommodations, but the work could have been more interesting.

Former Intern - Interim Engineering Intern in San Diego, CA
    Former Intern - Interim Engineering Intern in San Diego, CA

I worked at Qualcomm as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Good work life balance, competitive pay, San Diego is beautiful, brilliant coworkers, housing and relocation was completely covered, R&D projects are very good, stable job outlook, HR (Campus Team) is by far the best of any company I've ever dealt with, great mentorship, executive speaker series, and they even held an intern hackathon

Cons

We didn't use agile software development, so there was very little flexibility or change as your project progressed. I had a project that was almost identical to the project that I had done the summer before at a different company. Projects are assigned based on what you have a proven track record of doing, and not what you want to do in the future. Shuttles go in loops around campus, and can take 15+ minutes to pick you up if you don't time it right. You could get banned from using the shuttles if you abuse them by taking them to an office that's closer to a mall/food court.

Advice to Management

Work across divisions and teams more.