There are newer employer reviews for Qualcomm

Good summer internship

Former Employee - Summer Intern in San Diego, CA
Former Employee - Summer Intern in San Diego, CA

I worked at Qualcomm as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

The work-culture at Qualcomm was great. The people I worked with were smart and very helpful. The location (San Diego) is amazing. The benefits for full-time employment are also good.

Cons

The work for my internship was a bunch of programming and testing tasks, with little flexibility in the goals.

1680 Other Employee Reviews for Qualcomm (View Most Recent)

Poisonous Entrenched IT Management

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Qualcomm full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits, healthcare, vacation, flexible work hours depending on area of work, stock options (depending on your relationship with the manager), regular raises (also dependent on the manager and personal relationship).

Cons

Management, good ol boys club, lack of professionalism, lots of managers, no leaders, lack of employee empowerment, system actively weeds out the most intelligent and forward thinking professionals, egregious wastes of money due to lack of basic knowledge in managing people or projects. Personally witnessed millions wasted on tools and custom software that is never used. All of these tools and projects were castrated due to personality conflicts or petty politics of who received credit or who was in control. Although this is sometimes the reality in large organizations, QC is particularly unique in my what I have seen over the last 20 years.

Shake things up, but that will not happen until QC sees a serious market competitor which will force the company to reevaluate its management practices for the purposes of being more efficient.

Atheros (QCA)

I have been working at Qualcomm

Pros

Almost none. You may get a chance to work on some new technologies

Cons

Poor management. Empire building. Too much infighting.

Not sure if Management is open to advice.

There are newer employer reviews for Qualcomm