There are newer employer reviews for Qualis Health

Never Again

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Qualis Health full-time

Pros

They often allow flexible schedule

Cons

The typical workload is unrealistic

Try something else

5 Other Employee Reviews for Qualis Health (View Most Recent)

In a six year time frame, the division in which I was employed went through three major reorganizations. It was chaotic.

Former Employee - Nurse in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Nurse in Seattle, WA

I worked at Qualis Health full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

It is a nonprofit organization. Its quality improvement side has gained national prominence. There are many intelligent talented people working there.

Cons

The Care Management side of the company has experienced dramatic change with poor change management creating change exhaustion.

Live the stated mission. Spend less time worrying about how things look to outsiders and more time addressing staff needs and ideas. Work on change management. Stop overloading middle management.

I was very happy here.

Current Employee - Communications Consultant in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Communications Consultant in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Qualis Health as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

My manager is incredible -- the perfect blend of what most places of employment need these days -- someone who hires you because they consider you competent, then leave you alone to do the work, but have an open door policy and encourage you to use it should you have questions. This kind of balance worked out very well for the kind of work environment/manager I enjoy having. I have the utmost respect for my manager and it seems like the respect goes both ways -- quite refreshing.

I also really enjoy the work. Yes, it is a bit overwhelming at first to learn this industry and there is always something to learn, but if you enjoy an intellectual challenge and being able to learn new things all the time, you'll like it here, too.

My teammates are also great -- smart, funny, engaged people. Sure, they are busy as heck (most of us are here), but will help out if you ask.

Parking is free, which is nice. Training is thorough and necessary, but also a pro since not all companies actually train their workers any more. I appreciated not being thrown to the wolves! I was trained well and therefore feel successful here.

Cons

I'd agree with some of the other comments that you are pretty siloed here. That is true -- I think many teams could benefit from cross-training so that if someone is out sick, others can pick up the slack. This exists to a degree, but could be done more thoroughly so that the company is completely prepared for the worst in the event they need to be.

There are newer employer reviews for Qualis Health