Quality Food

There are newer employer reviews for Quality Food

Miss my job

Former Employee - Receptionist in Bellevue, WA
Former Employee - Receptionist in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Quality Food full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Everyone in the office made work fun and were always welcoming.

Cons

My job got eliminated (laid off) in april 2012. I branched out my position then when I got hired.

Keep up the good work. I am here if you can hire me back.

27 Other Employee Reviews for Quality Food (View Most Recent)

great company to work for.

Current Employee - I Do Everything in Mercer Island, WA
    Current Employee - I Do Everything in Mercer Island, WA

I have been working at Quality Food full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

great benefits, usually flexible hours, amazing people. the management listens when you have a need or complaint and they always try to accommodate special requests. if you are a student they patiently work around your schedule and push you to be better.

Cons

you work in a grocery store. the pay caps out unless you go into management. you have to deal with all sorts of customers. hours and shifts are usually based on seniority unless you are in a specific department.

remember your compassion and empathy when working with your employees. avoid being "clickish"

What was once a good company ...

Former Employee - Various Positions Throughout the 12 Years in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Various Positions Throughout the 12 Years in Seattle, WA

I worked at Quality Food full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great benefits, union support,opportunity to advance,opportunity to relocate,raises based on hours worked,pension,401K,credit union

Cons

QFC was once a family owned company that cared about the individual rather than the bottom line. If you went to the hospital, they sent flowers and sometimes even came to visit! Now, Kroger has taken over QFC and Fred Meyer and has brought the big corporation paradigm with it. They make a point of letting you know how lucky you are to even have a job and that negativity becomes a way of life while working for them. With every change in upper management, comes a new sense of disassociation and distance from the newcomers.

The biggest shift in the employer/employee relationship is the push to replace long time employees at journeyman wages with new hires at minimum wage, keeping them at part time hours less than what is required to get benefits!

The union is becoming less and less a factor in protection against harassment and discrimination. Kroger would like nothing more than to break the union as they have done in other states before but they seriously underestimated the Pacific Northwest union unity!

Any new hires coming into this company should be planning on advancing with the possibility of moving to a new city. They should also be ready for a fight if they want to keep their rights.

Pay more attention to how middle management treats employees to avoid a huge law suit. Pay more attention to the wasteful use of money while all along whining about not being able to give raises and balking at decent benefits during union contract negotiations. Making a 100K video about how happy we should be just to have jobs during a contract negotiation sends an insulting message!

There are newer employer reviews for Quality Food