Quantcast

www.quantcast.com

Great technology, not so great management.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsThe technology stack is impressive. As an engineer you will work with some leading edge technology and some brilliant people. The Friday beer bash is impressive. Catered lunch and dinner if you stay past 7PM is also good. Nice offices (open floor plan). Good location, easy to commute to. Excellent place for recent grads as the pay scale is a bit low for the region. Extremely engineering centric which is good for engineers, not so great for everybody else. Not really a sweat shop; I saw very few engineers in on Saturday or Sunday.

ConsAntiquated management. No concern for career development. Limited communication downwards. Lot's of attention paid to acquiring new talent, very little paid to retaining existing talent. Company is too large now for new hires to make anything off stock options if the company ever goes public. This is a typical 'negative feedback' company. You will not get positive feedback when you do a good job but you will get negative feedback when you do a poor job. Communication between departments almost non-existent.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvanced degrees don't always translate to productive employees or good managers. Develop a career growth path for new employees so they can have realistic, mutually beneficial goals with the organization. Improve the almost non-existent project management function and empower product managers who it seems are always under the thumb of engineering (which is somewhat backwards).

Great company, although better when I joined

Software Engineer (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

I worked at Quantcast full-time for more than a year

Pros: Working with really smart people around. I've worked for couple of good software companies before. So far the experience here is the best… Cons: Sometimes feel management decisions unpredictable like black boxes. Long hours… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Do not join unless you're an engineer. You will be set up for failure.

Client Service (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

I worked at Quantcast full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great product! Free food, dinner and weekly happy hour. Nice… Cons: Lack of leadership and management is a mess. Long daily hours and weekends. No work life balance at all and lack of support from managers.… Advice to Senior Management: Pay attention to your Sales team and get them up to speed with company policy and procedure. Train sales, CS and AM how to properly… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Quantcast.

Worked for Quantcast? Contribute to the Community!