There are newer employer reviews for Quantum Reservoir Impact

QRI

I have been working at Quantum Reservoir Impact full-time

Pros

Great culture
Top engineering staff
Innovative

Cons

Long distance travel required at times.

Institute formal training and educational programs--create more focus around career development.

9 Other Employee Reviews for Quantum Reservoir Impact (View Most Recent)

Getting slightly better and improved

I have been working at Quantum Reservoir Impact

Pros

Environment is friendly but good place for learning to be familiar with industry

Cons

technically are poor but they have to hire good technical people from major companies

Technical challenges at a fast pace, high compensation with high expectations. Not for the faint of heart.

Current Employee - Analyst  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Analyst in Houston, TX

I have been working at Quantum Reservoir Impact full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The technical challenges range from the difficult to the severe, and the technical teams assembled are world class, including many prominent industry figures. Bonus + equity + 401k match means compensation is slightly above average; it’s foreign service premium where QRI really stands out, and you can make lots of $$$. Overseas rotations are tough, but comp time is generous, and they try hard to accommodate those with families.

Performance is recognized. The executives are warm, open-door types who strive to make QRI into a big family, even as the company expands – the CEO knows everyone’s name, and their spouse’s name.

The company keeps growing, with a client and revenue base that has expanded every year, and a wide array of projects to work on. Our bread-and-butter is reservoir management consulting for large clients overseas; we also do mergers and acquisitions, strategic consulting, plus our own operations.

Cons

It’s a small company with big ideas, and corresponding egos – corporate culture is friendly but gossipy, even political.

Our foreign assignments, although highly rewarded and fabulous for career development, are not for the thin-skinned. Chaos management is everything; our clients need our help for a reason. We’re dropped into the front lines, and must navigate the fog of war. And then add the trapeze act between work travel and family life.

If you can distill order from chaos, offer clarity in the midst of mayhem, then you are a hero who will be recognized and rewarded. If you crave a structured work environment with lots of supervision, then you’re better off at an IOC.

Continue to recognize those who perform in spite of the odds, and who keep the $$$ flowing… bigger bonuses wouldn't be unwelcome. Be careful about announcing new projects until there’s ink on paper, to avoid exposure to non-constructive criticism when things get complicated. And please resist the temptation to pinch pennies on the front lines – to control costs, start with some spring cleaning at home .

Overall, QRI is a great thing to be a part of, and those of us who've been on this journey will be talking about it for years to come.

There are newer employer reviews for Quantum Reservoir Impact

Worked for Quantum Reservoir Impact? Contribute to the Community!