It sucks, don't work for this Business Unit

Former Employee - Account Sales Representative in Wood Dale, IL
Former Employee - Account Sales Representative in Wood Dale, IL

I worked at Quest Diagnostics

Pros

Benefits are good, vacation time is great (but I hear that is being cut)

Cons

Poor Management, Very high turn-over, almost impossible to hit quota due to attrition of physicians. They have had 3 new Sales Directors in as many years and the position is vacant again, That alone should tell you something.

Advice to Management

Get a clue, look at the turnover rate. Crunch the numbers, it would be easier to lower quota so employees actually have a shot at a bonus rather than creating a revolving door of mediocre sales professionals. Pay a decent base salary. How many people have been lost thanks to the low salary offers? Boost morale, set attainable goals and employees might actually hit their numbers and stick around for a while.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Quest pays well, but its highly bureaucratic and painfully slow in decision making.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Madison, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Madison, NJ

I have been working at Quest Diagnostics

Pros

Quest pays well & has good benefits. I have gripes, but overall Quest is a good/solid company with a stable/predictable work environment (which is all some people look for).

Cons

Prepare to work like a dog in the corporate office. Don't expect raises or good bonuses anymore because the company is missing targets. The status-quo is celebrated and encouraged. Even the CFO demands "no changes" to the work product he receives to the point that the staff lives in fear of getting the font or spacing wrong (this approach results in limited efforts to reengineer processes, and tends to lend material support to status-quo employees). Even though I have some gripes, I still have great respect for Bob Hagemann & much of his staff.

Advice to Management

The company seems to prefer hiring status-quo folks, hence the 1980's approach to finance management. I don't understand this, they could shake this up & double productivity.

This company shoots itself in the foot

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Juan Capistrano, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Juan Capistrano, CA

I have been working at Quest Diagnostics

Pros

Tuitition reimbursement; compensation and benefits package are good; beautiful campus

Cons

Corporate is out of touch with business units and places unrealistic demands on labs. There is demand for higher volume, a faster pace for TAT and upper management cuts staffing.Employees are not treated fairly and many have filed wrongful termination suits against this company. Doesn't make any sense. Without your employees, you have nothing. Hidden cameras. Really?