It sucks, don't work for this Business Unit

Former Employee - Account Sales Representative in Wood Dale, IL
Former Employee - Account Sales Representative in Wood Dale, IL

I worked at Quest Diagnostics

Pros

Benefits are good, vacation time is great (but I hear that is being cut)

Cons

Poor Management, Very high turn-over, almost impossible to hit quota due to attrition of physicians. They have had 3 new Sales Directors in as many years and the position is vacant again, That alone should tell you something.

Advice to Management

Get a clue, look at the turnover rate. Crunch the numbers, it would be easier to lower quota so employees actually have a shot at a bonus rather than creating a revolving door of mediocre sales professionals. Pay a decent base salary. How many people have been lost thanks to the low salary offers? Boost morale, set attainable goals and employees might actually hit their numbers and stick around for a while.

reviews filtered by

This company shoots itself in the foot

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Juan Capistrano, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Juan Capistrano, CA

I have been working at Quest Diagnostics

Pros

Tuitition reimbursement; compensation and benefits package are good; beautiful campus

Cons

Corporate is out of touch with business units and places unrealistic demands on labs. There is demand for higher volume, a faster pace for TAT and upper management cuts staffing.Employees are not treated fairly and many have filed wrongful termination suits against this company. Doesn't make any sense. Without your employees, you have nothing. Hidden cameras. Really?

2. Great ..... It's the best position I've ever held

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Norristown, PA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Norristown, PA

I have been working at Quest Diagnostics

Pros

Work and family balance is great ....They try really hard to have a very open and free work climate as long as the work is moving ...

Cons

This years bonuses were really poor (could be economy).... but I see increased spending in other areas ... some serious questions on senior management's busness direction/decisions

Advice to Management

In lieu of our poor bonus payout .. some other compensation should've took it's place ..instead of just saying "sorry not great this year .. work harder and we'll see you next year maybe"