There are newer employer reviews for Quest Diagnostics

An excelent learning experience.

Former Employee - Phlebotomist At A Doctors Office in Youngstown, OH
Former Employee - Phlebotomist At A Doctors Office in Youngstown, OH

I worked at Quest Diagnostics

Pros

Some reasons to work at Quest Diagnostics, They not only care about there patients, they care about there employees.They work with u, not against you....

Cons

The only downside for me was I got laid off after i think 7 or 8 months because the doctors office i worked at, moved out of state.

Advice to Management

I cant say anything bad,or give advice, my supervisor was wonderful. she cried when she had no where to send me when my doctor moved.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Great place to work, prior to buying LabOne. On site gym.

Former Employee - Specimen Processor in Lenexa, KS
    Former Employee - Specimen Processor in Lenexa, KS

I worked at Quest Diagnostics

Pros

One of the very best benefit packages available at any company. Some sympathetic supervisors. A lot of good, friendly co-workers. Nice facilities, though the lab itself is one giant room, with little separation between testing areas and processing areas.

Cons

Once Quest acquired LabOne and moved their facilities and personnel from Kansas City and St Louis to LabOne's Lenexa facilities, both LabOne and Quest employees had to adjust to what seemed an arbitrary change in policies. Seems to have been a "Frankenstein monster" cobbled together from some of the worst parts of each companies policies. The end result was that a LOT of valuable LabOne and Quest employees left. Pay might have been competitive, but it seemed low to me. Management above the supervisor level seems very disassociated from the rank and file and not at all sympathetic or even aware of their problems and/or concerns. Some worker actions and/or practices are questionably ethical and some people seem to get away with breaking rules with impunity. Quest seems to rely almost exclusively on what they call "green belts" and "black belts" (supposedly highly trained individuals) to "fix" processes that should require worker input, but the people who actually do the work are rarely asked what they would do to make the process work better. Basing performance for advancement mostly on production numbers. Closed cafeteria, got rid of most vending machines and replaced with a service called Company Kitchen, which dispenses ready made foods and snacks (most of them decidely unhealthy) and uses only debit cards or the Company Kitchen card to pay at a checkout scanner. No live personnel to help.

Advice to Management

Come down from the ivory towers and see and DO what the people you manage do. Don't rely on "green belt" and "black belt" personnel to tell you what to do and how to "fix problems" that they only make worse or completely overlook. Listen to employee complaints; they're all not just whining. Take your job as manager seriously. . .manage, don't be a monarch.

There is opportunity for process improvement however some of the senior management in finance are 'long in the tooth'

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Madison, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Madison, NJ

I worked at Quest Diagnostics

Pros

strong community involvement, sense of pride, life work balance, leading edge in the field of medical technology.

Cons

insanity is doing the same thing and expecting the same results, the corporate controller runs the same playbook for 30 years and hasn't evolved