Quest Diagnostics

www.questdiagnostics.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Quest Diagnostics

Lots of down time between tasks

I have been working at Quest Diagnostics

Pros

Great People to work with
Decent Pay

Cons

Time between tasks can be very long

Give more work to the interns..

615 Other Employee Reviews for Quest Diagnostics (View Most Recent)

Needs Help

I have been working at Quest Diagnostics full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Pays well
    5 day work week
    All holidays off.

Cons

The management is terrible. They work so much on getting sales for the company they don't pay attention to the employees. There is no incentive to better yourself in this company. The mentor program they established felt like a dating service. We were matched up with someone and that is the last we heard from the complany. No "How's it going?" "Need any help". The mentors we did get never helped. We felt like we were in the way of their daily activities when they met with us.
    There are so many clicks in this company that you can't advance unless you know someone.
    There is so much waste spending. Upper management is ordering $2000 Macbooks and $1000 monitors and some directors won't approve laptops at half the price for employees to do there jobs.

Clean house! Replace all the directors and get some people in here that actually care about the employees and the product we produce. The employees want to do a good job but there needs to be leadership in the company. Get people in here that will take charge and get us where we need to be. This can be a great company and can grow if allowed too.

Got some good experience but honestly, the WORST place I have ever worked.

Former Employee - Phlebotomist
    Former Employee - Phlebotomist

I worked at Quest Diagnostics part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

As a phlebotomist in an always short-staffed, extremely busy area I got a lot of experience and developed into an excellent phlebotomist enabling me to MOVE ON!

Cons

It's a big corporation that has a lot of slogans like, "You matter (employee)!" and "Patients first." The reality is the almiighy buck is what matters to QUEST DIAGNOSTICS. Employees are overworked (in my area anyway) and subjected to meetings filled with warnings about ALL the things you can do to get yourself fired. Hardly ever a positive or appreciative word for how you work like a dog. Patients are treated poorly by being subjected to disgruntled, overworked employees and unreasonably long wait times to get their blood drawn.

Why bother? NO ONE IS LISTENING!!!! Took me five years to say enough is enough and move on.

There are newer employer reviews for Quest Diagnostics