Confused

Former Employee - Marketing Director in Madison, NJ
Former Employee - Marketing Director in Madison, NJ

I worked at Quest Diagnostics full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Decent benefits and reasonable pay

Cons

HR is worthless, you are at the mercy of your manager.

Other Employee Reviews for Quest Diagnostics

1. Account Manager

Current Employee - Account Manager in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Quest Diagnostics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Freedom to run your territory as you see fit, minimal micro-managing. Company provides a car, cell phone, computer and an office if you'd like

Cons

Lots of servicing, if you enjoy doing it its not so bad but sometimes you'd like to sell more or at least given the time to sell

Advice to Management

Less service

Managers need to abide by company values.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS

I have been working at Quest Diagnostics full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

TOP time was great if you'd been there for awhile. Pay could have been better.

Cons

Horrible management. HR was not help, so you are at the mercy of your manager. Overwhelming stress due to the amount of work you are required to do, while constantly being hounded about the overtime, whlie others are treated with kid gloves and aren't required to do as much work. But if you slow down, you get written up for it!! They do NOT treat people fairly and equally!

Advice to Management

Look closely at your managers during this corporate restructuring. Are they really doing their job appropriately? Are there complaints constantly about them? Do THEY take accountability for their mistakes, or are they constantly blaming other people? Do you get half-truths when talking with them? Perhaps one-on-ones with employees and upper management would help (NOT with HR). You can listen to the employees' concerns and tell what is BS and what is truly a concern. No one in my department ever feels like we are heard, even with the employee satisfaction survey. The only thing we ever saw come out of that was the cafeteria opening on night shift!! It is not help to those of us being required to work our fingers to the bone while other people can manage to do less than the minimum but because they are someone's buddy, they get preferrential treatment.