There are newer employer reviews for Quest Diagnostics

One of the best experiences I had

Former Employee - Billing Customer Service Representative in Tampa, FL
Former Employee - Billing Customer Service Representative in Tampa, FL

I worked at Quest Diagnostics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Quest Diagnostic is a very well established company that offers a generous compensation package. I enjoyed working here and all the friends and teammates I met. General hours of operation is 9am-5pm M-F. Medical/Dental and Vacation time accrues with each pay period. For the first year of working you can accrue more than 3 weeks vacation time which is unheard of in any organization. It's right behind Busch Gardens and I was fortunate enough to sit by the window to enjoy watching vacationers enjoying the Tampa lime life.

Cons

No sick time and when I caught the flu I brought in a doctor's letter which the supervisor didn't acknowledge because there is a no-fault policy in place. In other words, even if you're in the hospital, you will accrue occurrences for the days you're out, and could possibly be written up (depending on how many occurrences you already have). This is the only down-side to the company.

Advice to Management

Every company should at least hear what concerns the employees have. That's how we learn what we need to do to keep all of us happy...Employees, Employers and Patients alike.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Painfully slow

I have been working at Quest Diagnostics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I'm not sure what the pros are at the level that I am at, but I do love the people I work with. That is the only reason I look forward to go to work.

Cons

Pay is low, heavy workload, and the do not staff very well. Testing technology is archaic at best. Lack innovation at all levels.

Advice to Management

Be better in tuned with what goes on below you. Some really good people get lost in the crowd and are not recognized.

Not a bad company to work for.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative/Phlebotomist in Valencia, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative/Phlebotomist in Valencia, CA

I worked at Quest Diagnostics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fairly good benefits, excellent extra incentives and activities to promote living a healthier life fpr employees, many extra activities for employees to make work environment more fun, strict "no retaliation" policy if there are disagreements with supervisors or managers.

Cons

Ridiculous and unfair attendance policy, terrible support system if you become sick or need short term disability, No personal or commom privacy as there are cameras covering all areas of facilities except INSIDE bathrooms. All electronic, phone and computer communications monitored unfairly by co workers ans employees who abuse this and use personal info to harm you.

Advice to Management

Review Corporate involvement in decisions regarding health issues. Company claims to offer short term disability benefits, then leave it up to non medical personnel to ALWAYs deny benefits.