Good Company, Good People but S..T..R..E..T..C..H..E..D

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Madison, NJ
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Madison, NJ

I worked at Quest Diagnostics full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The company has very high quality people who are committed to serving patients and a menu of services that can make a difference. The culture is one of high jntegrity

Cons

Today, resources are stretched beyond their capabilities. Cost cutting efforts have gone too far. The company is great at operations and cost cutting but poor at driving growth.

Advice to Management

Reduce the ratio of employees to Supervisors (particularly in the field). Invest more in your people - it's a people business and that is what will deliver service

Other Employee Reviews for Quest Diagnostics

Great company nationally...not so much in Colorado

Former Employee - Sales and Service in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Sales and Service in Denver, CO

I worked at Quest Diagnostics full-time

Pros

Great lab services and results. Fantastically skilled phlebotomists. Many patient-focused folks in all departments. The people on the ground level are hard-working, service-oriented, collaborative, and very knowledgeable (and most have great dispositions!)...so are the upper levels but politics gets in the way. Great reputation amongst healthcare providers for timely, accurate results and responsive, effective customer service.

Cons

Management does not want to hear the truth when it comes to constructive criticism and customer-based solutions even if the intent is to create a better product/company...if you are not the constant pompom shaking cheerleader with the Kool-Aid mustache then you are out. Regional management wants a hierarchy of communication and access, wants to fit another industry's model into this one, and wants unwavering loyalty and respect although not yet earned. Also...compensation is low comparable to other companies and other related business areas. Colorado market and ops always seems to be the sacrificial lamb to gains attained for other Quest markets across the nation.

Advice to Management

My advice and feedback resulted in me be invited to see myself to the door so....

2. Loyal to long time employees

Current Employee - Senior Implementation Analyst in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Implementation Analyst in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Quest Diagnostics full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Quest was very employee oriented until recently. I enjoyed my time there very much

Cons

The senior management has to realize that everything is not about numbers.

Advice to Management

Take better care of your long time employees. Do not count on numbers to tell everything