Quest Summer Internship.

Current Employee - Intern in Collegeville, PA
Current Employee - Intern in Collegeville, PA

I have been working at Quest Diagnostics

Pros

Very laid back setting, friendly people and very casual during the summer time. Managers made time to talk to me.

Cons

Not a very competitive environment. A lot of stagnate employees with not as much motivation or productivity as I would have liked.

Advice to Management

Try to motivate the employees a little more. Be slightly stricter to employees to increase production rates in the office.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Be careful about working for this company

Former Employee - Lab Technician in San Juan Capistrano, CA
    Former Employee - Lab Technician in San Juan Capistrano, CA

I worked at Quest Diagnostics

Pros

Management was good about giving employees time off or rearranging their schedule to to have a particular day off. If you were doing well some of the shift leads would let you know.

Cons

Upper managment, supervisors and above, did not provide adequate feedback. They dragged their feet on shift change requests. They also did not communicate at all when it came to being able to continue to work there. I was in the process of trying to be hired permanent versus continuing as a temp. I was told the last day I was there that my immediate supervisor and his boss needed to confer, but there didn't seem to be any problem with hiring me as a permanent employee. When I arrived home that day I received a call from the temp agency I worked for that my contract had ended. I called and left a message with one of the supervisors. It was never returned. I never received an explanation. I can't recommend working for them since they are not straighforward with their employees. I would have understood had I been told they were not hiring right now and I would have to work unitl the end of my contract. I felt they were very cold and rude about the whole situation.

Advice to Management

I would be careful about asking to be hired if you are a temporary worker. Management does not communicate well with its temporary staff at all. They treat you as expendable.

Quest Diagnostics

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wood Dale, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wood Dale, IL

I have been working at Quest Diagnostics

Pros

Great benefits, excellent time off offered

Cons

Denied use of vacation when needed

Advice to Management

Respect your employees, realized they have lives and families outside of the company