There are newer employer reviews for Quest Software

Relaxed atmosphere, but management needs to attend business ethics courses.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH

I worked at Quest Software

Pros

Very Relaxing atmosphere, younger professionals who generally are a pleasure to work with.

Cons

Quest Software underpays their employees for amount of work put in; I can't tell you how many times I worked until 8 or 9pm to see no improvement in what I did. I worked in the Support Renewals Department and the management was awful, no consistency, being able to make reverse decisions at the last possible moment.

I would tell my management to get a college degree and take some ethical business practice courses. Treating employees like robots is unexceptable.

149 Other Employee Reviews for Quest Software (View Most Recent)

Consistent growth is key...

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Quest Software

Pros

Quest Software is a dominant company compared to its competitors. With 3 main areas of focus, competition is everywhere. However Quest has continued to acquire companies that round out our product offerings. This allows employees more growth opportunities in terms of product development, marketing, sales, and senior management. Quest has adapted the west coast laid back mentatlity to allow employees a relaxed, yet competitive, atmosphere. Quest has a very strong senior leadership team that has helped the company weather the good times and the bad. Even in an economy on the brink of a recession, Quest is continuing to prosper and grow.

Cons

For some of the lower level employees, opportunities may seem limited due to the internal political heirarchy. For example, some members of the sales organization are chomping at the bit to move up the chain of command, but this obviously comes at a price of doing your time and proving that you can achieve measurable results. While being a global organiztion has its upsides, some of the spread out mentality is difficult when trying to communicate new marketing messages, sales programs, or sponsored events that Quest may be taking part in. That and a few egos of upper levels can stiffle some creativity at times.

Continue to acquire small companies with great technology and properly integrate them into the Quest portfolio at a steady pace.

A great company to work for that still isn't quite sure what it wants to be when it grows up

Current Employee - Marketing in Aliso Viejo, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Aliso Viejo, CA

I have been working at Quest Software

Pros

The People, it's a great worldwide community of smart, capable (mostly) people who are genuinely interested in supporting one another to achieve a greater good.

Cons

Favoritism - but what company doesn't have this in some capacity.

Continue to identify key technology trends early and create best of breed products. Be careful to listen to all opinions, not just the "heros of the moment" as they will fade in popularity and "vision" in time. There is strength in taking in all decent opinions and moving forward.

There are newer employer reviews for Quest Software