Quicken Loans

There are newer employer reviews for Quicken Loans

Best Professional Development Internship I've ever had

Current Intern - Solution Consulting Intern in Detroit, MI
Current Intern - Solution Consulting Intern in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Quicken Loans as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

-Person to person training about your department, the industry as a whole and how to evaluate sales calls.
-Great hours for an internship with great pay.
-Effective Coaching

Cons

-A little overwhelming at first.

Keep up the great work!

538 Other Employee Reviews for Quicken Loans (View Most Recent)

My time with my loved ones are worth more to me than money.

Former Employee - Mortgage Banker in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Mortgage Banker in Detroit, MI

I worked at Quicken Loans full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Met some cool people, the decor of the buildings were interesting, lots of materials to study for licensing exams, had a classroom feel for the begining of banking to teach about mortgages/loans which was nice instead of dropping you in a pool and telling you to swim.
    A friend wanted to work there in a non-banking position, I told her my experiences but I also told her to try it out, it may be for her.
    Through the company's referral program while I was there, another friend got into the banking poisition and she is still there and seems to love it.

Cons

This company and their family of companies was total big-brother, mostly fake people (I emphasize on some), and a nightmare!
    I really wish I didn't do the banking! I have a feeling if I waited and was offered an "hourly" position--not a crazy commission circumstances--it would have been better.
    We moved into 3 different buildings 3 times in the 6 months I was there. Basically don't get "too" comfortable at your desk.
    If you are not a lap dog to your directors they insult and belittle you.
    "Relationships" were formed as friends up until I left they were dissolved, therefore answers that a lot of people were fake.
    They had a wonderful benefits package but how dare you make an appintment to get your teeth cleaned or go to the doctor! I luckily decided to leave before the month was up so I had a few weeks to finally go to appointments and use my health and dental insurance!
    When others quit before me it was usually done in secret because if you decide to quit while at work they escort you out like you are some deviant! When it was time for me to leave I did it as if I was leaving for the day with my things, not making it obvious then just emailing my director the next day saying it wasn't for me.
    They claim they want you to discover yourself as a person but what I found was some sort of streamlined way to turn people into work zombies. I was "different" and I think they saw that so that could have been why it felt hellish there for me most of the time.

Change is inevitable. It is sad that a lot of the people "drinking the kool aide" at this company are in love with money. I thought it was strange during orientation that they had mentioned that people "find their husband or wife here." I soon after realized because you are set up to live to only work. I looked on Glassdoor before my interview and saw the handfuls of warnings about working here. When you read mine, I hope this helps you in your decision!

Sweat Shop

Former Employee - Full Underwriter in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Full Underwriter in Detroit, MI

I worked at Quicken Loans full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Really cool desks. At the push of a button you can set it up so you sit in your chair working or a different button raise it so you can stand and work. Also, there is a minimum of 2 monitors at all desks, at times I even had 3.

Cons

Crazy hours. You are required to work at least 50 hours a week before you leave Friday. Then you have to work 2 Saturdays a month. Realistically I was averaging almost 60 hours a week. This work load is not seasonal, it is year round. If it is a week with a holiday, you still need to get 40 hours in. The overtime pay is a joke. I was there a year and I still don't understand it. It is less than minimum wage. You have to work downtown Detroit. I know that some of our employees have been assaulted walking to and from their cars, BTW the average walking time to get from your designated parking garage and your office building is 5 - 15 minutes.

When you have "Team Members" that are struggling with something you need to sit down with them and take time to make sure that the source of the problem is resolved.

There are newer employer reviews for Quicken Loans