Quicken Loans
www.quickenloans.com Detroit, MI 5000+ Employees

Sweat Shop

Full Underwriter (Former Employee)
Detroit, MI

ProsReally cool desks. At the push of a button you can set it up so you sit in your chair working or a different button raise it so you can stand and work. Also, there is a minimum of 2 monitors at all desks, at times I even had 3.

ConsCrazy hours. You are required to work at least 50 hours a week before you leave Friday. Then you have to work 2 Saturdays a month. Realistically I was averaging almost 60 hours a week. This work load is not seasonal, it is year round. If it is a week with a holiday, you still need to get 40 hours in. The overtime pay is a joke. I was there a year and I still don't understand it. It is less than minimum wage. You have to work downtown Detroit. I know that some of our employees have been assaulted walking to and from their cars, BTW the average walking time to get from your designated parking garage and your office building is 5 - 15 minutes.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen you have "Team Members" that are struggling with something you need to sit down with them and take time to make sure that the source of the problem is resolved.

Sales Positions Are Prison-like

Mortgage Banker (Former Employee)
    Detroit, MI

I worked at Quicken Loans full-time for less than a year

Pros: Thorough training and good technology. Cons: You don't have a life outside of this company, seeing the sun only happens through the windows, managers are on you like white on rice… Advice to Senior Management: Management doesn't care about their people, just that they are… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Don't buy the hype!

Underwriter (Current Employee)
    Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Quicken Loans full-time for less than a year

Pros: Laid back very non- PC culture. Best I've ever seen. Cons: The hours are a killer! There is no work life balance. Out of my training class only a few months ago 40% of the people… Advice to Senior Management: Across the board the complaints are NO WORK LIFE BALANCE. You are spending a fortune trianing people only to have them quit when they burn… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Quicken Loans.

Worked for Quicken Loans? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Quicken Loans reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Quicken Loans CEO Bill Emerson. All reviews posted anonymously by Quicken Loans employees.