There are newer employer reviews for Quicken Loans

Great working environment, work a lot, low pay

Current Employee - Team Member  in  Detroit, MI
Current Employee - Team Member in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Quicken Loans full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazing culture, high energy, fast-paced

Cons

Pay is low in positions throughout the company, team members work a ton, work/life balance is "promoted" but definitely not enforced

Salaries should be more competitive and I believe Quicken Loans can work on their effort to offer more opportunities for advancement within the company. It seems like higher positions are always recruited from outside the company rather than developing them in-house.

431 Other Employee Reviews for Quicken Loans (View Most Recent)

Amazing experience with amazing people.

Former Employee - Recruiting Intern  in  Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Recruiting Intern in Detroit, MI

I worked at Quicken Loans as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Excellent office culture and great people who are focused, yet also friendly.

Cons

Difficult to gauge how laid back to get at first.

My time with my loved ones are worth more to me than money.

Former Employee - Mortgage Banker  in  Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Mortgage Banker in Detroit, MI

I worked at Quicken Loans full-time for less than a year

Pros

Met some cool people, the decor of the buildings were interesting, lots of materials to study for licensing exams, had a classroom feel for the begining of banking to teach about mortgages/loans which was nice instead of dropping you in a pool and telling you to swim.
    A friend wanted to work there in a non-banking position, I told her my experiences but I also told her to try it out, it may be for her.
    Through the company's referral program while I was there, another friend got into the banking poisition and she is still there and seems to love it.

Cons

This company and their family of companies was total big-brother, mostly fake people (I emphasize on some), and a nightmare!
    I really wish I didn't do the banking! I have a feeling if I waited and was offered an "hourly" position--not a crazy commission circumstances--it would have been better.
    We moved into 3 different buildings 3 times in the 6 months I was there. Basically don't get "too" comfortable at your desk.
    If you are not a lap dog to your directors they insult and belittle you.
    "Relationships" were formed as friends up until I left they were dissolved, therefore answers that a lot of people were fake.
    They had a wonderful benefits package but how dare you make an appintment to get your teeth cleaned or go to the doctor! I luckily decided to leave before the month was up so I had a few weeks to finally go to appointments and use my health and dental insurance!
    When others quit before me it was usually done in secret because if you decide to quit while at work they escort you out like you are some deviant! When it was time for me to leave I did it as if I was leaving for the day with my things, not making it obvious then just emailing my director the next day saying it wasn't for me.
    They claim they want you to discover yourself as a person but what I found was some sort of streamlined way to turn people into work zombies. I was "different" and I think they saw that so that could have been why it felt hellish there for me most of the time.

Change is inevitable. It is sad that a lot of the people "drinking the kool aide" at this company are in love with money. I thought it was strange during orientation that they had mentioned that people "find their husband or wife here." I soon after realized because you are set up to live to only work. I looked on Glassdoor before my interview and saw the handfuls of warnings about working here. When you read mine, I hope this helps you in your decision!

There are newer employer reviews for Quicken Loans

Worked for Quicken Loans? Contribute to the Community!