There are newer employer reviews for Quidsi

Excellent employer and place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Jersey City, NJ
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

I worked at Quidsi for more than a year

Pros

Great culture, great people and great customer service. An environment where you are surrounded by smart, dedicated and passionate people who are customer focused. People work hard but there is a strong sense of fun. The senior executive team shows its appreciation in multiple ways. I was amazed at the number of negative comments posted since it is one of the best companies I have worked for.

Cons

If you are working on a launch of a new business it can be very demanding in terms of hours as you ramp up.

As part of a larger organization, amazon, and as they grow larger you hope they do not lose their culture. Besides having great people, what makes quidsi fun is the lack of bureaucracy, autonomy it gives it's people and it's willingness to take risks.

52 Other Employee Reviews for Quidsi (View Most Recent)

I wish I'd listened to the reviews I'd read and skipped this job.

Current Employee - Customer Care Representative  in  Jersey City, NJ
    Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in Jersey City, NJ

I have been working at Quidsi

Pros

You work with awesome people

Cons

Basically everything else is a con. The pay is decent--but not so awesome when you consider the area (right outside of NYC, where the cost of living is high). You're promised the ability change your schedule at six months, but don't expect to change it for at least nine. You're required to work two holidays a year, and some holidays are mandatory. Contrary to what they'll promise you, there's virtually no opportunity for upward advancement, so don't get your hopes up. Policy changes, and they launch new sites/features without really providing training to their reps so you'll constantly feel like you're playing catch-up. Oh, and the other side of the office (corporate) will treat you like you're a leper. If you want a customer service job, this is a decent one, but if you had dreams of doing something more, keep looking.

Stop treating your employees like they're tissues--they're people, not disposable commodities to be treated like they're meaningless.

If you work in customer care, you'll be treated like you don't matter

Current Employee - Customer Care  in  Jersey City, NJ
    Current Employee - Customer Care in Jersey City, NJ

I have been working at Quidsi

Pros

Pay rate is on the high end for customer care

Cons

It's probably a great place to work if you AREN'T in customer care. But if you are, expect to watch from the sidelines while the rest of the company gets all kinds of perks and benefits that you don't. Customer care operates 24/7 which means you can kiss holidays good bye. The "official" policy (which changes at the drop of a hat) is that every customer care rep has to work two holidays. Doesn't sound so bad until you find out that the holidays are considered the actual date of the holiday - for example, 4th of July fell on a Sunday, so if you are scheduled Monday-Friday, you didn't work the holiday. Monday, the 5th of July is the legal holiday for the rest of the world, and for non-customer care employees who all had it off. But if a customer care rep works that day, it doesn't count as one of your two holidays. You work the legal holiday AND you will get stuck working Thanksgiving and/or Christmas - yes, they will be open, but only Customer Care. The rest of the company of course has it off. And no, you don't get a comp day to make up for it. They make a big deal out of giving us things like bagel day and birthday cupcakes, but these are always scheduled at a time that's convenient for the non-CC employess. CC reps working nights or weekends miss out. The owners give a lot of lip service to how the company is one big happy family and brag how they know everyone's name. In reality, if you happen to come across one of them away from their inner sanctums, they both look away and pretend they don't see you. Vacation policy is lame, you get 2 weeks with no hope of earning more with seniority, and 6 sick/personal days. Health insurance is about average. Dental is awful.

Customer Care is overcrowded with people sharing desks - the rest of the co, of course, gets their own private spaces. And there's no hope of getting OUT of Customer Care once you're in - job opportunities are not posted internally, although the non CCs are forever getting promoted to director of something or other. If you see a posting on Monster and apply for it, you won't be acknowleged. CC reps with seniority are expected to train new hires and take supervisor calls without receiving trainer/supervisor pay if the managers don't feel like doing it themselves.

Horrible place to work. Stay away.

Show customer care some respect. Give us the same perks you give your elite. Give us a chance to advance by posting internal job openings. Make us feel like we matter.

There are newer employer reviews for Quidsi

Worked for Quidsi? Contribute to the Community!