Quidsi

www.quidsi.com
  www.quidsi.com
There are newer employer reviews for Quidsi

customer service rep

I have been working at Quidsi

Pros

great company to work for.

Cons

interview is a long process

54 Other Employee Reviews for Quidsi (View Most Recent)

Has become a bad place to work

Former Employee - Corporate in Jersey City, NJ
    Former Employee - Corporate in Jersey City, NJ

I worked at Quidsi full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Overall, great colleagues. Enjoyed working with a lot of my peers. Reasonable dress code (some people wear business casual, some wear jeans…none of it is a problem).

Cons

Frustrating in trying to remain entrepreneurial and make our own decisions in light of involved corporate processes and restrictions from Amazon.

Care more. Enthusiasm from senior management changed after the acquisition; that attitude is palpable and trickles down.

A joke.

Current Employee - Designer in Jersey City, NJ
    Current Employee - Designer in Jersey City, NJ

I have been working at Quidsi full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Love the sites, products, customer service, brand. I was excited to work on a site/product that I would actually use. In fact, I still do.

There's a great mix of people, so you're bound to find a close-knit group of friends from the people you meet here.

Amazon benefits. The discounts, perks, stock options, benefits were great.

I'd describe the culture as corporate-fun. If you came from an uber corporate company, this would be a fun place to work for you. If you came from a true start-up, you'll probably want to vomit a little at the forced 'start-up' culture they put into place.

Cons

Management is unorganized and disrespectful to their staff, especially the marketing creative team. They still claim to be a "start-up", which is their poor excuse for forcing their designers to work 60 hours a week and make last minute changes after projects are finalized.

I'm sure it used to be a fun place work at before the Amazon acquisition, but now it's just a big corporation who's losing money and customers because upper management doesn't know how to make decisions that POSITIVELY affect their customers. Middle and upper management are always wishy-washy about their decisions, and creative always gets the brunt of the back and forth.

Chances are, you'll start off as a freelancer and they'll try to reel you in as a full-time employee after a while. Don't do it. Trust me.

Meetings upon meetings upon meetings. Too many meetings about having more meetings.

There are newer employer reviews for Quidsi