There are newer employer reviews for QuikTrip

A great company to work for

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Kansas City, MO
Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Kansas City, MO

I worked at QuikTrip full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great pay, great benefits, bonuses, fast and friendly environment, fast paced.

Cons

I cannot think of anything negative to say about this company.

Advice to Management

You guys are doing an amazing job at making this company as wonderful as it already is, and as wonderful as it will be in the future.

Other Employee Reviews for QuikTrip

Even if you have all the right numbers there will be an excuse not to get promoted

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Pros

The pay is good if you are an assistant or a store manager, however not for clerks for the amount of work required.

Cons

As a clerk I have had to help with all the questions of a direct hire assistant. I am expected to help the new clerks learn. Yet, having all the right "scores" and working whatever shifts needed (working late at night and coming in early the next morning) doesn't matter. I have worked my rear end off trying to get promoted but they are promoting unqualified people and direct hires who have no clue as to what goes on or needs done. I would recommend anyone who is "told" that they will get help to get promoted to think twice. Sometimes only the butt kissers who don't work so hard get the job, and all you get is broken promises that leave you hanging so that the manager has a good bonus for a good store. The money is more important then helping you succeed.

Advice to Management

Promote your good clerks. Quiktrip would be a smarter company to retain their good workers who have seen how the store runs and knows what could possibly make it better when they become management. Direct hires need to experience a few days as a clerk so that they have better understanding.

2. In one full year of working for QuikTrip my overall experience has been very good.

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Dallas, TX

Pros

- Great pay with a lot of regular bonuses and potential for raises. - Really good benefits and a free clinic with free prescriptions. - Very structured company with good policies. - The company truly cares about its employees. - Good opportunity for career growth.

Cons

- You are working at a gas station. - Very hectic pace at times with extreme expectations. - Horrible working schedule when you are hired until you get promoted at least once. - Hard work and sometimes dirty work. - People.

Advice to Management

I have no complaints about the management or how the company is run. They have mastered this business and have created an extremely successful company.