QuikTrip

QuikTrip sucks.

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at QuikTrip

Pros

It's the perfect environment for the Dunning-Kruger effect to meet with the Pareto principal. Seriously there aren't many pros to working at QuikTrip.

Cons

Long hours and horrible schedules. Grossly incompetent management that's completely out of touch with reality. Low pay. Disciplinary process is a joke. Promotion process is based on the good old boy buddy system and not on actual job performance. Managers and supervisors are all friends, making for an incredibly corrupt environment. Policy is written intentionally vague and subjective so employees have no rights.

I have no advice to management, it would fall on def ears. To become a manager at QuikTrip you have to be corrupt enough to put profit above all else.

243 Other Employee Reviews for QuikTrip (View Most Recent)

QuikTrip is a good place to work. Hard work won't get you ahead, but your Team members appreciate it.

Current Employee - Store Manager in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at QuikTrip

Pros

Great pay
    Good Benefits
    Many good people surrounding you

Cons

Missing family events and Holidays/weekends due to work
    Insufficient staffing with rigorous demands
    On your feet all day working very fast pace with no breaks at all
    Supervisors can be very demanding and quick to complain and discipline, while ignoring hard work and dedication
    The company touts "Open communication" but they really mean "Don't rock the boat and don't disagree with us, even when we're wrong or making mistakes affecting customers and employees."
    Don't have any health issues related to work or that affect your ability to work constantly --- they'll end your career.
    Promotions are hard to come by in established divisions and jobs outside the store seem to depend on who you know and kiss up to, not dedication or qualification.
    Excessive Politics and growing worse

You have increased profitability by constantly cutting labor hours. That's great -- up to a point. When it affects customer service, not so good. Frankly, we're too lean, running stores with insufficient staffing. Working can be mentally and physically exhausting, always having to rush to try and get work done and still serve customers. (Stress)... You always talk about being the best and providing great customer service (Every Trip Guaranteed) but you cut us too short.

Store appearance and cleanliness has slipped drastically and overall customer service is down (rush, rush, rush! Work work work!...) You're so busy you can't properly watch the large numbers of people in the store and that is why shoplifting and people eating food/drinks and not paying for it has risen. (Short inventory is *always* blamed on the store team--- either they are stealing, OR they "Aren't doing their jobs by paying attention to people in the store.")... However if you're always busy and running around and dealing with lines on the register, no, sorry you DON'T have time to be watching people behind you and ducking out the side and so on. With the workload, having to serve customers on the register, which IS what it should all be about instead feels like "Interruption" from all the work you need to get done..... This is a very poor emotion for employees to have, because customer service is the end all and be all of what we do, yet I can't blame my co-workers for feeling this way when you're overwhelmed with tasks and things you must get done due to lack of staffing. Sorry guys but the DAW timing and 30 min shiftwalks just don't work in reality.

All this puts tension on the store team and causes morale and blame issues. People blaming co-workers for not getting their work done or keeping appearances up so therefore they are behind and in a hole and don't get it done either.

Supervisors then blame employees for the conditions and for customer complaints. Also, try backing up your employees and managers for once. Customer service is king, but remember that if a person is going to take the effort to file a complaint, they are going to "embellish" the story or outright lie---- take it with a grain of salt. Also, listen to your employees. There's a lot of little stuff we could be doing to improve customer service and perception....

One last thing: Stop monkeying around with Bonus pay. It doesn't do us any good to get a 3% raise but make $5k less because you moved money around. The Crind pool is a bad idea.

Basically, LISTEN, and be fair and reasonable.

Very Enjoyable Place to Work

Current Employee - SALES CLERK in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - SALES CLERK in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at QuikTrip

Pros

Flexible Schedule, Friendly Environment, Meet Interesting People, Always something that needs to be done, Many promotion opportunities, easy to learn.

Cons

When promoted you're expected to work overnights, they never close- expected to work most holidays, minimal employees available in store

Keep up the good work, keep on "weak link" employees, offer feedback to clerks, encouraging words show you appreciate them

There are newer employer reviews for QuikTrip