There are newer employer reviews for QuikTrip

Intense, stressful, and no time to breath

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at QuikTrip

Pros

Force you to learn how to "run and fly" from task to task instead of walk. The pay is decent for a non-skill position.

Cons

Senior management need to revise their business model. If you have a family, your job will be very hard because you won't get to see your family at night and weekend. You have no co-worker if you work at night shift and you literally have no time to breath because you'll be stuck flying from task to task working. As a manager, you'll have to clean everything inside and out of quiktrip including restroom and gas pumps, to their kitchen; meanwhile you're expect to say hello / welcome to everyone and bye/come back to everyone.

Hiring additional helpers would retain employees in the long run. You can't expect to be a one man team working at this fast pace.

233 Other Employee Reviews for QuikTrip (View Most Recent)

it has its perks but overall a bad place

Current Employee - Clerk in Des Moines, IA
    Current Employee - Clerk in Des Moines, IA

I have been working at QuikTrip

Pros

you get to meet all kinds of people and the bonus checks every six months are pretty decent if you have been there for a while.

Cons

very hard to get anywhere, you could be stuck in the position that you are in for years with no promise of a promotion. there are no pay increases, you will make the same amount as a brand new clerk that knows nothing about the job.

offer pay incentives to the clerks, not so much a bonus as a pay increase with their experience and loyalty. make sure your store managers are being fair and not playing "favorites" with certain employees

It was fun.

Former Employee - Part Time Clerk in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Part Time Clerk in Atlanta, GA

I worked at QuikTrip

Pros

Managers working at QT are willing to tell you stuff and teach you how to finish a job well. Always energized by coworkers.

Cons

Kind of boring. Sometimes I would start working at 7 and get off and 3 and it felt like a long time.

I wanted to get an internship on the corporate side (office) instead of working at the stores after a year of employment. It was hard to get the information I needed and I didn't get the chance to do that.

There are newer employer reviews for QuikTrip