Sales Associate

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Universal City, CA
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Universal City, CA

I have been working at Quiksilver part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working with the cool supervisors and fellow associates at Universal City.

Cons

Terrible store manager who knows how to talk. I have never worked for such a individual who gets away with everything. All hard work gets credited to the store manager, when in fact, he has done nothing for the store other than cause stress to all employees, and working a 25-30 hour week.

Advice to Management

Get to know your employees from the bottom up. We also need role models for store managers, not irresponsible thirty year olds.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Good Vibes and Great Fun

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Quiksilver (Less than a year)

Pros

-fun atmosphere -diverse customers -fun out of work activities -coworkers are friends! -performance recognition -generous employee discount/benefits -flexible hours and shifts

Cons

Not too many cons really. Its a retail job, so expect the usual sporadic scheduling and varying pay.

Advice to Management

The company is an original leader in the game. They don't need advice. Every store is going to be different, but all have the same good vibes and goals. The only advice I could offer is to keep the fun alive in the retail stores.

Ohana Quik Life!

Former Employee - Supervisor in Chandler, AZ
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Chandler, AZ

I worked at Quiksilver

Pros

Awesome work environment Very cool unique custy's (customers) Family feel Lots of PK (product knowledge) Laid back Fun events!

Cons

No room for advancement Not enough hours to survive No pressure to sell (which in my case ultimately resulted in my store closing) Not enough training for management team

Advice to Management

Invest in your staff, TRAIN them, or send them to training events. It will pay off in the long run. Add incentives so they want to sell and the stores don't close. You can still have high standards without sacrificing the chill vibe.