There are newer employer reviews for QuinStreet

great place if you're looking for a work life balance and like working among smart people

Current Employee - Manager, Business Development in Foster City, CA
Current Employee - Manager, Business Development in Foster City, CA

I have been working at QuinStreet

Pros

People are very nice. You can achieve a work life balance. If you work hard you will be recognized. It's a "tech' company culture but large enough to have its formalities.

Cons

The work is not intellectually rigorous and most folks are essentially in sales. You're either managing clients, publishers, or campaigns which require good people and strategic thinking skills. Its hard to stay challenged and excited when life becomes mundane.

Advice to Management

Invest more in your employees. Be fair about comp structure. Many people are underpaid and are not looking for a better brand of cereal in the kitchen area.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Have been here over five years and plan to stay

Current Employee - Editorial in Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Editorial in Reno, NV

I have been working at QuinStreet

Pros

I'm surrounded by amazing and scary-smart people. I feel privileged to work in this group. The things that our department and others come up with are original, high-quality and inspiring. At QuinStreet, you work very hard to prove yourself, and everyone I know who has worked here has had little trouble finding jobs when their lives take them elsewhere. It's a company where women, minorities, lgbt folks, etc., don't get crushed by an old boy's club. After nearly 30 years in the workplace, I discovered what it's like to work for someone you like as well as respect. I know how this sounds, and I'm not with HR. My opinion is formed by years in the corporate world and knowledge of just how bad many companies are. When you find a good one, you appreciate it.

Cons

It's not all roses and puppies. You do work very hard, and the younger and newer people do get a heavier burden. But if you stick it out, you are rewarded. It can be uncomfortable -- QS has a policy of dropping the lowest 10% of employees when things get tight, so yes it can be unsettling if you're on the"bubble." On the other hand, QuinStreet experience makes you highly marketable. Communication could be improved. things change a lot and you don't always find out about changes until you make a mistake. So you're trained to have very high expectations but not always given everything you need to meet them. And the self-reviews at fiscal year-end are awful to do.

Advice to Management

It would be awesome to have feedback that is somewhat automated and reliable. For example, when someone says something good about your work, you could with a click send that for inclusion in a file about yourself. When it's time for performance reviews, you and your boss would have access to the good stuff that you did during the year. And everyone HATES the way performance reviews are done right now. I have resorted to copying over the previous years and then tweaking it a bit; otherwise that's hours and hours away from your "real" job.

Strong company for the numbers, weak company for vision

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

I have been working at QuinStreet

Pros

A lot of nice, smart people throughout the company. Good location. Interesting and complex business.

Cons

Passive-aggressiveness and secrecy at senior levels trickles down into the culture, requiring that you learn to play politics or stagnate.

Advice to Management

Correct the problems at the top, which are well-known throughout the company. This will make for less turnover, happier employees.