QuinStreet

www.quinstreet.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for QuinStreet

I like it here but you can't grow your book in sales

Current Employee - Business Development in Beaverton, OR
Current Employee - Business Development in Beaverton, OR

I have been working at QuinStreet

Pros

little micro mgmt.
40 hr weeks, rarely over.
PTO is generous.
Free tuna, bagels, toast, cereal. yum!
decent people to work with.

Cons

Old computers
Make us work from the Cube when telecommuting option would be mutually beneficial.
Old Ideas...
lemming like mgmt...yes men.
stock options worthless (so far)
Everyday is not created equal for comp plan. They don't tell you at first but the comp plan is on fiscal calendar. They strip you of your book every June and you start over. They do bonus you to try and ease the pain but the amounts are arbitrary. You're more motivated to go after big accounts in the first months of the year while they expect you to be motivated year round...the structure of the comp plan is at odds with expectations.. it feels like luck dictates most of your commissions. why sign someone in Q3 or Q4 only to cash in for only a few months at most...you are then expected to put the account in the hands of an account manager who then has your commission "in their hands". Aggressive sales goals require aggressive compensation. Also, a selling mngr gets to screen all internal leads and gets paid when he signs a low hanging whale. Conflict of interest there.

pay your top sales people to stay long term...most want out after two years so we can get paid what we're worth.

122 Other Employee Reviews for QuinStreet (View Most Recent)

Fast Paced, Ever Changing

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

I have been working at QuinStreet

Pros

QuinStreet provides a start-up environment with the foundation of a publicly traded company. No project is too small or too large, as long as it results in benefit to both client and organization.

Cons

Compensation is not up to what other organization's pay for the same job and revenue growth. Long hours can come to be expected as, at times, it seems like folks compete to see who can work the longest hours.

Don't be afraid to highly compensate good people. If you are going to have aggressive revenue goals, have equally aggressive compensation opportunities.

Never a dull moment and tons of flexibility.

Former Employee - Data Services Associate in Reno, NV
    Former Employee - Data Services Associate in Reno, NV

I worked at QuinStreet

Pros

The flexibility is great. Getting things done while out of the office is made incredibly easy.
    The support for our office is fantastic. The upper echelon will support your efforts. Terrific health benefits are offered. The people in our office are generally easy to work with. All the people I had to work with were willing to take time to explain certain things that are not obvious to someone not directly involved. Everyone's part is important, no matter how minor it may seem.

Cons

You must be flexible to travel when necessary and sometimes on very little notice. This may cause a bit of frustration if you have responsibilities at home.
    Be prepared to prove yourself before you're considered for a raise. Once you have proven what you are capable of accomplishing, also be prepared to wait a while before it is reflected in your compensation.
    There is a slight "cliquey" atmosphere overall.

There are newer employer reviews for QuinStreet