QuinStreet

www.quinstreet.com
  www.quinstreet.com
There are newer employer reviews for QuinStreet

Not a place where you can develop your Web Development Knowledge; most projects are very simple to complete

Former Employee - PHP Web Developer in Foster City, CA
Former Employee - PHP Web Developer in Foster City, CA

I worked at QuinStreet as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Great Location, Great Work Environment, Decent Salary

Cons

PM's with no technical background demanding unrealistic timelines from developers, Developers find better opportunities else where; in the 4 months I was there, I saw developers who built the core framework leave the company for smaller, but more interesting start - up companies.

Developers should be treated alot better, and career progression for Developers should be better structured

119 Other Employee Reviews for QuinStreet (View Most Recent)

Stale environment, ideas

Former Employee - Content Editor in Foster City, CA
    Former Employee - Content Editor in Foster City, CA

I worked at QuinStreet

Pros

Not a lot of pressure
    PTO
    Not micro-managey
    Work-life balance

Cons

Insider culture. Those "in" with COO get promoted; those outside much less so.
    Outdated model. The internet has grown up while QS sites have not.
    Don't feel great about what you do -- selling leads to Visa and University of Phoenix
    Not a ton of internet talent. Haven for former mid-level consultants who bring a macro-perspective (and skillset) to a shrinking company.
    Cubicle farm
    No 401K match

Work on your brand. Hire a real PR firm. Bring in a VP of media that can really make compelling content.

I like it here but you can't grow your book in sales

Current Employee - Business Development in Beaverton, OR
    Current Employee - Business Development in Beaverton, OR

I have been working at QuinStreet

Pros

little micro mgmt.
    40 hr weeks, rarely over.
    PTO is generous.
    Free tuna, bagels, toast, cereal. yum!
    decent people to work with.

Cons

Old computers
    Make us work from the Cube when telecommuting option would be mutually beneficial.
    Old Ideas...
    lemming like mgmt...yes men.
    stock options worthless (so far)
    Everyday is not created equal for comp plan. They don't tell you at first but the comp plan is on fiscal calendar. They strip you of your book every June and you start over. They do bonus you to try and ease the pain but the amounts are arbitrary. You're more motivated to go after big accounts in the first months of the year while they expect you to be motivated year round...the structure of the comp plan is at odds with expectations.. it feels like luck dictates most of your commissions. why sign someone in Q3 or Q4 only to cash in for only a few months at most...you are then expected to put the account in the hands of an account manager who then has your commission "in their hands". Aggressive sales goals require aggressive compensation. Also, a selling mngr gets to screen all internal leads and gets paid when he signs a low hanging whale. Conflict of interest there.

pay your top sales people to stay long term...most want out after two years so we can get paid what we're worth.

There are newer employer reviews for QuinStreet