There are newer employer reviews for QuinStreet

Manager, Business Development

Former Employee - Manager, Business Development  in  Foster City, CA
Former Employee - Manager, Business Development in Foster City, CA

I worked at QuinStreet full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The culture was pretty relaxed when I worked at Quinstreet with a nice work life balance. Fun events and amazing holiday parties. The office layout is nice and functional.

Cons

The company's vision was pretty poor and they missed several opportunities to stay competitive because they weren't willing to change their business model. The people at Quinstreet were among the best I've ever worked with, but unfortunately many of the best ones are no longer there.

Value mid-level talent more. I saw a lot of great talent leave to higher paying start-ups while I was there.

112 Other Employee Reviews for QuinStreet (View Most Recent)

Good core values, horrible execution

Former Employee - Engineer  in  Foster City, CA
    Former Employee - Engineer in Foster City, CA

I worked at QuinStreet full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The opportunity is here to work on a relevant segment of online marketing. They're well-positioned for the future in terms of web properties and traffic. The pay is reasonable if you're in software. You need to create your own career path. The technical opportunities are there, but you have to be proactive about it.

Cons

Don't expect to be mentored or have strong leadership in the Engineering team. The senior leadership is pretty in-bred and they tell each other that they're doing a great job, when in fact, there's a large vacuum of technical leadership. As long as the business-side of the company blindly accept whatever message the engineering group says, nothing is really going to change. Very little accountability. Promotions and attention give to those who kiss butt and never raise concerns or reveal problems in the code or teams. If you cross the path of the CTO or her minions, you should start writing up you resume and leave on your terms.

Ask yourself why mid-level talent keeps leaving, but the top people don't.

Web Developer

Former Employee - Web Developer  in  Foster City, CA
    Former Employee - Web Developer in Foster City, CA

I worked at QuinStreet full-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible work from home and PTO

Cons

Compensation is not up to the market rate. Company had many Lay offs. Developers have to deal with bad quality code from offshore.

There are newer employer reviews for QuinStreet

Worked for QuinStreet? Contribute to the Community!