Quinnipiac University

From Admissions Office

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hamden, CT
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hamden, CT

I worked at Quinnipiac University

Pros

I worked in the Admissions Office. The best reason to work for QU admissions is that most of the counselors are down to earth and very easy to approach and talk to. Everybody seems happy to be there. They are very accomodating when it comes to work schedule and time off. There is a strong sense of community within the office. Everybody knows everybody. Communication is a top priority in the office.

Cons

Good luck finding a place to sit. The office is small. Forget about an office, some of the counselors don't even have a space to sit at.

Another downside is that the administration of the school is not very sensitive to social matters. The president of the University seems to be more concerned about expanding facility space for the school instead of improving the academic progress of the school. This is seen via lack of professors, lack of traditional departments (i.e. foreign language), and continued isolation from the surrounding community. Diversity is lacking in the office as well as on the campus. These qualities of the school make working in the admissions office difficult because they are glaring problems that require damage control from admissions staff.

Focus more on academic excellence and diversity as an end in itself and less as a means to getting enough students in the door to buy new buildings.

33 Other Employee Reviews for Quinnipiac University (View Most Recent)

Excellent!

I have been working at Quinnipiac University

Pros

Friendly, competant co-workers and a lovely working environment.

Cons

A bit overly structured so that each department cannot share in the tasks of its neighbors.

Best place

I have been working at Quinnipiac University part-time

Pros

Everyone treats you like family; very polite and respectful. I worked at the HR Department

Cons

No Cons that I can think of.

There are newer employer reviews for Quinnipiac University