There are newer employer reviews for Quintiles

Company might be strong, but IT is highly dysfunctional

Current Employee - IT Engineer in Research Triangle Park, NC
Current Employee - IT Engineer in Research Triangle Park, NC

I have been working at Quintiles full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good benefits. Bonuses have been strong the last several years. Company seems to be in a sweet-spot in the industry as we have no shortage of customers & contracts.

Cons

IT is micro-managed, e.g. travel approval only from VP (domestic) or CIO (int'l). Budgets are a joke. Money flows freely (wastefully even) in some areas and sparsely in others that really need it. Then when we're over budget in Q3 of each year (no surprise) all departments tighten up to make up the slack. Management is top-heavy. (How many Directors and Senior Directors and Vice Presidents does one IT shop really need?) Employees are expected to work long hours. Jobs are being shifted to India. Recognition is doled out sporadically and un-uniformly. Great work in some areas is completely overlooked because our CIO doesn't care about those areas while mediocre work (at best) is praised in other areas because the CIO promised version.next of some development project (despite the fact that the promised feature list has shrunk and dwindled simply to meet arbitrary timelines).

Advice to Management

Trust your employees to make decisions for themselves, or get better employees. Don't be a bottleneck to success. Have a more holistic vision of IT on the whole (instead of tunnel vision focusing on your pet projects). Take care of your employees.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Feels like I work with people that care about me as Family would, Love, Love, Love it here!

Current Employee - Financial Analyst II in Research Triangle Park, NC
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst II in Research Triangle Park, NC

I have been working at Quintiles full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits are Awesome, Work/Life balance, Trustworthy Employees, Team Work, Trust Worthy Management. Huge amount of Support overall.

Cons

Would like Salaries to be more comparable to other companies. More up to date programs and computers.

Advice to Management

Better understand the jobs that your direct reports perform so you can evaluate them more fairly for Performance Reviews.

A great place to work and get experience

Current Employee - Senior CRA in Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Senior CRA in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Quintiles full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of tools and resources.

Cons

way too many protocols to work with.

Advice to Management

listen to your CRAs about work life balance.