There are newer employer reviews for Quintiles

Excellent & motivating place to work

Current Employee - Senior Manager  in  Morrisville, NC
Current Employee - Senior Manager in Morrisville, NC

I have been working at Quintiles full-time for more than a year

Pros

Leading edge analytics
Leader in the CRO industry
Worldwide company with job location flexibility
Excellent people and technical practices

Cons

Intense work & hectic pace due to market growth and acquisitions
Work Life Balance is a challenge sometimes but its mitigated by flexible working hours and work from home conveniences with approval from your manager

Delegate more budgetary accountability

487 Other Employee Reviews for Quintiles (View Most Recent)

Company might be strong, but IT is highly dysfunctional

Current Employee - IT Engineer  in  Research Triangle Park, NC
    Current Employee - IT Engineer in Research Triangle Park, NC

I have been working at Quintiles full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good benefits. Bonuses have been strong the last several years. Company seems to be in a sweet-spot in the industry as we have no shortage of customers & contracts.

Cons

IT is micro-managed, e.g. travel approval only from VP (domestic) or CIO (int'l). Budgets are a joke. Money flows freely (wastefully even) in some areas and sparsely in others that really need it. Then when we're over budget in Q3 of each year (no surprise) all departments tighten up to make up the slack. Management is top-heavy. (How many Directors and Senior Directors and Vice Presidents does one IT shop really need?) Employees are expected to work long hours. Jobs are being shifted to India. Recognition is doled out sporadically and un-uniformly. Great work in some areas is completely overlooked because our CIO doesn't care about those areas while mediocre work (at best) is praised in other areas because the CIO promised version.next of some development project (despite the fact that the promised feature list has shrunk and dwindled simply to meet arbitrary timelines).

Trust your employees to make decisions for themselves, or get better employees. Don't be a bottleneck to success. Have a more holistic vision of IT on the whole (instead of tunnel vision focusing on your pet projects). Take care of your employees.

Feels like I work with people that care about me as Family would, Love, Love, Love it here!

Current Employee - Financial Analyst II  in  Research Triangle Park, NC
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst II in Research Triangle Park, NC

I have been working at Quintiles full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Benefits are Awesome, Work/Life balance, Trustworthy Employees, Team Work, Trust Worthy Management. Huge amount of Support overall.

Cons

Would like Salaries to be more comparable to other companies. More up to date programs and computers.

Better understand the jobs that your direct reports perform so you can evaluate them more fairly for Performance Reviews.

There are newer employer reviews for Quintiles

Worked for Quintiles? Contribute to the Community!