There are newer employer reviews for Quintiles

Great contract sales experience.

Former Contractor - Pharmaceutical Sales Representative in Hartford, CT
Former Contractor - Pharmaceutical Sales Representative in Hartford, CT

I worked at Quintiles as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Professional, well run contract sales organization. I was always treated fairly and they seemed to appreciate their employeer. Good benefits.

Cons

Contract positions pay a little less than perm positions and they typically last a year or two.

reviews filtered by

Great Company.

Former Intern - Intern in Durham, NC
    Former Intern - Intern in Durham, NC

I worked at Quintiles as an intern (more than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for. Though I don't have much input in regards to compensation and benefits, my supervisors were always available and if not, there was always another attorney/legal staff member around that could assist me with my projects.

Cons

There wasn't much room to advance within the Legal Department but I gained good experience here.

I have no complaints with Management and they were mostly helpful during my internship.

Pros and Cons to this Company

Current Employee - Project Management in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Project Management in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Quintiles full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Learning opportunities due to increasing workload - resume builder.
    Process changes are good to know and have experience with but it's increasingly obvious it is ONLY about the bottom line.
    Big company - name recognition.

Cons

Increasing workload prevents healthy work-life balance and low morale is spreading.
    Minimal merit increases per year - mgmt continually cites that Quintiles' salaries are higher than competitors.
    Rating system is changing towards an orientation to lower ratings for everyone - gives the impression that it really doesn't matter how well you do throughout the year.
    Obvious orientation towards outsourcing to lower cost regions - seems to be no concern about losing some great talent in lay-offs.
    Low moral seems to be spreading - people at various levels are stressed and overloaded.
    Seems to be too many managers/levels of mgmt and Senior Mgmt appears to be completely out of touch with what's going on 'on the ground.' Lower-level mgmt is helpful as much as they can be but they have increasing inability to make final decisions at their level.

Decrease the number of layers of mgmt and empower lower-level managers to make decisions. Quit trying to create initiatives to ensure your continued employment; it's starting to remind me of Congress.

There are newer employer reviews for Quintiles