Quomation Insurance Services

www.quomation.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Quomation Insurance Services

I like the small call center/tech support environment

Former Employee - QCloud Team Member in Midvale, UT
Former Employee - QCloud Team Member in Midvale, UT

I worked at Quomation Insurance Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

taking ownership of my tasks and making people happy with our software. just helping someone understand how we can make them get their work done quicker with the products we offer

overall a fun work environment and good team leads and i like my co workers.

Cons

the angry customer. i don't necessarily mind angry people but the ones who don't make any sense and are mad because of something like their own computer not working.

enjoy my job overall - thanks for the thorough training

73 Other Employee Reviews for Quomation Insurance Services (View Most Recent)

Life of a Lying CEO

Former Employee - Programmer in Midvale, UT
    Former Employee - Programmer in Midvale, UT

I worked at Quomation Insurance Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great entry level place if you have no skills or need a temp job while looking for a greener pasteur.

Cons

Emotionally explosive CEO that reigns with blood and horror. Wrongfully fires good employees so he doesn't take blame. Steals Christmas presents from children to give to his own very well off cute but spoiled children. Has Management (save one) wrapped around his twisted evil fingers and creates a hostile environment (Even THEY have been given unfair treatment). His response would be: "Life's not fair. Go ahead and file a claim." CEO Writes fake reviews (see "I Wish I Would've Stayed")

To JUNIOR: in order to effectively fake a programmer review, you've got to know a morsel of what programmers DO. First, the grass IS greener on the other side with more pay, better benefits, better environment which is less hostile and full of management that actually cares about employees - heaven forbid. ANY programmer that doesn't like or want to be "called out" on bad code, shouldn't be a programmer... they should be a CEO of a place called Quomation where they can skate by on incompetence while they fire the only people holding the company in the black. Programmers first of all wouldn't do that, and if they did, they would seek to immediately better their knowledge level and skills to never do it again.
    What you've just said is that this programmer.. I mean you... got away with publishing your crap code which in turn makes Quomation software = crap. It actually isn't. I believe in the product and was loyal to the company.. what I got was being fired for someone else's mistake and then you tried to lie and cheat to not have to pay unemployment. Pathetic.

Stimulating Environment for Programmers

Former Employee - Applications Programmer in Orem, UT
    Former Employee - Applications Programmer in Orem, UT

I worked at Quomation Insurance Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I worked at Quomation part time while I was finishing up my undergraduate degree and full time once I graduated. They were flexible with the hours while I was going to school and I liked the standard Monday to Friday schedule as well. I put in some extra hours when needed, usually that could be done just later on a weekday or sometimes a Saturday here and there.

Managers were always friendly and would help you make sure you got your tasks done if you had questions. I enjoyed pushing to hit weekly goals and liked the free lunches if we did so.

Cons

Managers could be a little too trusting of someone's work or code. Sometimes I would have to fix something that really never should have saw the light of day. This isn't unique to Quomation as every other job i have had, there is always someone who thinks his skills are way above what it really is. Not sure I have advice on how to fix it because it is something that can be complex to resolve.

Experience was enjoyable, keep reward the people do the heavy lifting and make sure everyone contributes. I'm kind of a arm chairing quarterback here but they are making me say something!

There are newer employer reviews for Quomation Insurance Services