There are newer employer reviews for Quomation Insurance Services

Stable Company and Now Great IT Environment :)

Current Employee - Information Technology Administrative in Midvale, UT
Current Employee - Information Technology Administrative in Midvale, UT

I have been working at Quomation Insurance Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

No Red Tape. If we need something from a tech standpoint we can make our suggestions and case to senior management and it gets fast tracked. No multiple layers of middle management muck to have to wade through. I work on a good team that is open to ideas. I like to think my ideas always are the best but when you bounce them off others the end solution is better than what I originally thought up. Just a great team environment and everyone contributes.

Cons

Well i came from a large company environment and I never knew if what i did mattered. consequently no one checked up on my work or really let us know if we were important - some of us kind of skated by. You can't do that here! it is a small company and everyone rows the boat, just thought i put it out there in case you're wondering what type of environment it is - if you have a positive attitude and work hard - its a great fit.

Advice to Management

Hammocks - We need hammocks in the IT department for those long nights!

Other Employee Reviews for Quomation Insurance Services

Good Team Leaders, Excellent Advancement Opportunities

Current Employee - Project Analyst in Midvale, UT
    Current Employee - Project Analyst in Midvale, UT

I have been working at Quomation Insurance Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good straightforward metrics you are measured against. Teams are small, about 3 to 4 individuals which I enjoy because you have to do your part to get the job done. I like the cross training that has been done so the tasks do not get boring or monotonous. Just a fun environment, I really enjoy my coworkers and supervisor

Cons

Let's just say insurance companies procrastinate to the last minute. So sometimes we get slammed with a bunch of work but the good part is it typically is seasonal, so we don't get hit all year long. Stress is manageable i have seen a lot worse in my career

Advice to Management

I would like to see more junior level employees empowered with tasks to see if they are able to see projects to completion.

Fast Paced Environment - Workday Flies By

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Orem, UT
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Orem, UT

Pros

I have a lot to do every day when I come in. I have my set tasks and assignments and like having a small team to work with to get things done. I work in a hybrid position, where i interact with three different departments, sales, programming and QA. Overall it is quite stimulating and I really enjoy the challenges.

Cons

I had the unfortunate experience of having to work with some of the people who left the some of the ranting and hateful reviews. I guess the company pulls national background checks and some of the former employees did not have clean criminal records and were let go. As I am not a supervisor I had to deal with the constant complaints and negative attitudes they had and really couldn't do anything about it. I have worked other places and had similar people with gloomy outlooks but in the end, these bad apples are gone. That is the best part.

Advice to Management

Keep the good ones and keep getting rid of the whiners.