Quorum Business Solutions, Inc.

www.qbsol.com

Do not stay longer than a year

Software Consultant (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsTraining was great, they teach you everything you need to know to gain the skills necessary to be a dynamite employee in another company in oil and gas or software solutions. The competencies they teach you is C#, SQL, C++ and functional oil and gas knowledge. Their pay is also slightly above average, but what it comes with is a 9-10 hour expected work day, and that's just scraping by to not get fired in their eyes.

ConsAs stated earlier, 9-10 hour work days required at a minimum. If you see problems and want to contribute to the betterment of the company, you should find another company before you bring it up because they have fired for much less than that. I have seen 100% yes I did not make a mistake, 100% turn over rate in a calendar year. I joined the company and a year later the company had the same number of employees yet terminated (or the talented ones left) close to 50. The only way to prove that you are committed to bettering yourself and the company is to bill more time to a client project and work 12 hour days minimum for no overtime or benefits. the directors I have worked with do not understand business at all, human capitol and retention is laughed at and defecated on when addressed. They don't staff projects appropriately and will expect you to travel Monday morning leaving your house at 3:00 AM only to return to your home city at 11:00PM on Friday night. The company unethically expects 100% billable time out of every employee (even if they are not assigned to a project where its reasonable to expect a fully billable day), so they do not believe in employee/talent development past the first 3 weeks of training.

Advice to Senior ManagementBring in outside help to reinvent your culture and make the employees feel like its their life, the new generations value time much more than the past generations. Learn to adapt or always expect to be left with the underperforming employees while the rock stars easily leave for better lives and better pay at your competing companies.

Poised to be a success story of the new NA energy economy

Director (Current Employee) Houston, TX

I have been working at Quorum Business Solutions, Inc. full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Quorum is a rapidly growing company in a rapidly growing industry. It offers employees a great environment to learn both the software and Oil… Cons: Long hours are expected. - Those who are motivated and engaged should not find this unusual. I do not know of any consulting company that… Advice to Senior Management: Do more to let employees know they are appreciated Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Quorum did not make such a great impression for me due to group arrangements.

Consultant (Former Employee) Houston, TX

I worked at Quorum Business Solutions, Inc. full-time for less than a year

Pros: Very large learning curve especially for entry level employees. Cons: Not very diverse yet (growing company) and people don't always… Advice to Senior Management: Creating some fun activities such as incentives etc. could help employees perform better and create room for associates to meet each other. I don't believe… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Quorum Business Solutions, Inc..

Worked for Quorum Business Solutions, Inc.? Contribute to the Community!