Quorum Business Solutions, Inc.

www.qbsol.com
  www.qbsol.com
There are newer employer reviews for Quorum Business Solutions, Inc.

Good first job after college, but not a lot of potential for growth

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Quorum Business Solutions, Inc. full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

As a college hire I was given training in cpp and sql development, skills that have served well with subsequent employers. I enjoyed the people I worked with and learned great project planning skills. Benefits were also great.

Cons

After working a Quorum for several years I realized that there is little chance for advancement past the senior consultant / manager level.

51 Other Employee Reviews for Quorum Business Solutions, Inc. (View Most Recent)

Two Types of People

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Dallas, TX

I worked at Quorum Business Solutions, Inc. full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good pay
    Fast promotions if you are smart and do well
    Smart people

Cons

Ridiculous hours
    Full time travel
    Company doesn't care AT ALL about you as a person
    Good luck using the vacation you earned

Quorum can't hold on to its people. Quorum hires excellent, young college grads. The problem is that they treat them so terribly that most of them quit within the first couple years. Having people travel five days a week while working 10-12 hours a day plus 8-10 hours on the weekends is not how you keep people around. This type of work load could be on the brink of acceptable IF at any other point the company treated you like a human being. However, they balk if you ask to take any kind of vacation (I had co-workers fighting to take half a day off for weddings) and essentially bribe you with great pay to keep you from leaving.

If you want to be a developer, this company could work out well for you as the developers hardly ever travel and are rarely assigned to projects, which means they don't work as crazy of hours. If you're not interested in the technical side of things and want to interact with clients, however, you will almost certainly be put on a project with hours on par with what was discussed above. Upper management takes the attitude of "Well I did that, so you should too," and essentially ignores all of the complaints that they receive. Turnover rate is incredible.

Good place to start

I have been working at Quorum Business Solutions, Inc. full-time

Pros

Good learning opportunities and a good place to start your career.

Cons

Poor management and lack of resources

Get with it.

There are newer employer reviews for Quorum Business Solutions, Inc.