There are newer employer reviews for Rêv Worldwide

The only positive? The people!

I worked at Rêv Worldwide full-time for more than a year

Pros

When I worked at Rev I worked with some of the most talented, creative, innovative people I've ever had the pleasure to work with.

Cons

There is an astounding lack of consideration or respect for the employees at Rev, which is disappointing given its publicly stated intention to empower the underbanked segment of society and of working toward a double bottom line of profitability AND positive social impact. Late paychecks (more than a couple times), lapsed insurance coverage, undermined managers, disregarded employees, a constantly changing "vision" for the company...it's not an experience I ever care to repeat. Working here requires nerves of steel.

Ask yourselves why people are leaving the company - some even before they have new jobs.

16 Other Employee Reviews for Rêv Worldwide (View Most Recent)

Compelling vision hampered by stuttering leadership

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Rêv Worldwide full-time for more than a year

Pros

The original vision of bringing financial access to underserved markets is compelling.

Cons

Unfortunately, underserved markets don't make much money, so the company focused on more profitable market segments like international travelers. With the social angle largely missing, the working experience really suffers, especially since the company's efforts were spread too thin to make a big dent on one project.

Could be a great company, if managed better

I have been working at Rêv Worldwide full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Smart, talented co-workers. Just about everyone I've worked with at Rev has been really good. Everyone on my team pulls his/her weight and more.
     - Competitive pay
     - good location
     - not quite as much overtime as in previous IT jobs
     - good learning experience

Cons

- Late paychecks and unpaid insurance premiums are not acceptable
     - Not able to turn a profit, despite positive-sounding talk from the executive team
     - Business model seems very haphazard and poorly-prioritized. They've put lots of time and energy into programs that aren't bringing in that much revenue, at the expense of programs that have the potential to bring in a lot more money.
    - They seem to take on more work than can be done with the available resources
     - Deadlines are often unreasonable, causing Rev to either miss deadlines altogether or else release a product that is not as high in quality as it should be. Result is customer dissatisfaction, which in turn results in reduced revenue.
     - Multiple rounds of lay-offs and multiple re-orgs in the past two years. Really good people have been laid off.
     - Practically no training for new hires, resulting in a *very* steep learning curve.
     - Too many fees in programs that are supposed to help low-income people
     - There's talk of more impending lay-offs

Instead of trying to drum up more business, focus on improving/maintaining existing programs. There are plenty of them. Have more reasonable deadlines and don't rush new programs out the door at the expense of quality. Cut or reduce development and support efforts for programs that are not generating much revenue. Understand that you have great staff and show appreciation for them.

There are newer employer reviews for Rêv Worldwide

Worked for Rêv Worldwide? Contribute to the Community!