There are newer employer reviews for Rêv Worldwide

Great experience

Current Employee - Program Manager in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Program Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Rêv Worldwide full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- Great talent: This is a technology company with very smart and skilled engineers.
- Great experience: I have learned a lot while at Rev.
- Mission driven: We work on stuff that actually delivers social impact.
- International reach: Our work touches folks in over 10 countries across multiple continents. Our partners are some of the largest companies in the world.
- Small groups: We don't get buried in large scale bureaucracy. There is an immediate output to our work. All employees have access, and work side by side with top management.

Cons

- Steep learning curve: If you are looking for a 1-2 month initial training program you will be disappointed. Industry context is a requirement for success. Those without the skills, or experience end up being a drag on the team both from a performance and culture perspective.
- Hard work--really. Business doubled from last year and seems like it will do so again. Hiring is not keeping up with that growth rate.
- Fast pace. The product release cycles are extremely aggressive.
- Global reach also means we need to support product across 24 time zones.

- Figure out a way to reduce the learning curve or slow down the pace. More formal training?
- Thank you for raising the bar and eliminating positions that attracted folks that were not committed, or contributed to our efforts.

16 Other Employee Reviews for Rêv Worldwide (View Most Recent)

Overall Pathetic

Former Employee - Former Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Former Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Rêv Worldwide full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- Cool office space
    - Smart and generally cool co-workers
    - Exciting product description with a global visions
    - Unbeatable location right near whole foods
    - Friends are impressed when you tell them you build technology products to help the underserved

Cons

- The products are inferior to competitors in terms of features and technology.
    - Initially, you think you are working for a company that helps the underserved but that is not really the truth. The products developed here are all fee based products designed to extract money from poor people...the exact opposite of what you may have signed up for.
    - Chances of this company turning around is slim in my opinion.
    - There are 5 companies all under one roof and not properly departmentalized. The technology assets are shared and commingled which is a problematic and a conflict of interest if you are a shareholder of only one of the companies.
    - They don't pay you on time. The owners drive brand new Ferarri's and Mercedes but yet cant figure out a way to make payroll on time. They go from one investor bailout to the next. In between those bailouts, dont expect to get paid on time.
    - It is stressful not knowing if you will be paid or not. Dont link mortgage payments or car payments to your bank account because direct deposit is not reliable and you will bounce items and incur bank fees. Some employees have missed child support payments and that caused them legal issues.
    - Your insurance may or may not work when you need it (They dont pay on time and dip into HSA to cover payroll).
    - The companies are not likely to turn a profit so if you are promised stock options they will probably be worthless. Most employees who leave do not exercise their options even at the lowest pennies on the dollar strike price.
    - Vendors are not paid. Not a single vendor I dealt with was paid on time. Not one. Every vendor I dealt with has a past due balance. If you get a position here requiring you to be the point of contact with vendors, you will be embarrassed and want to crawl into a hole because you will look like a scumbag. The hardest part of my job was having to put on a straight face when negotiating with new vendors and then having to deal with their wrath when we inevitably burn them and renege on payments. To solve this, you have to find a new vendor and start the process over. The good thing is no one has a monopoly these days so you can always find another sucker to provide services to you after you burn the other vendor.
    - Its hard to fall in love with the job because when you do something you think is good, it could be criticized or trashed for no logical reason.
    - The owners are not trustworthy and not believable.

Stop deceiving your investors, vendors, partners and employees. Provide a clear vision for the future that employees can believe in and get behind. No one believes the PR fluff anymore. No one. I doubt anyone who has been there 6 months or more believes in the products. (you might fool new employees for a few months) If they pretend to believe, they are just there for the paycheck and playing nice. Do something about the bashing. Your most senior and loyal people are the ones bashing the most which causes a negativity that is hard to work under.

Just say, "No!" They're in trouble and have just laid off about 20 employees

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Rêv Worldwide full-time (more than an year)

Pros

~Great co-workers and fantastic location (Whole Foods is the un-official company cafeteria)
    ~Company goal of providing financial services to unbanked and under banked people globally is very admirable

Cons

~Co-founding Sosa brothers looking out more for themselves than their employees have decided to cut people who have been loyal and endured six months of late (up to three weeks) paychecks, instead of relocating to a smaller, more affordable offices and cutting programs that are bleeding the company's finances dry
    ~Very limited opportunities for advancement and forget asking to attend any kind of trainings

Get over yourselves and start listening to your executive team who is giving you good advice on how to save your company without getting rid of your most valuable assets....the people who have actually built it.

There are newer employer reviews for Rêv Worldwide