Rêv Worldwide

Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Rêv Worldwide

A good opportunity

Current Employee - Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Rêv Worldwide full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

They are a startup with real, paying customers!

You get to work with smart, capable people from around the world.

People who excel have the opportunity to advance.

At the individual level they really are focussed on results.

Solutions are chosen based on long-term sustainability rather than short-term ease of implementation.

You can make an impact and be recognized outside your group.

Cons

The environment is 24/7 so you may occasionally work odd hours.

They are doing a lot with a little and the onus is on you to keep up with the pace.

Time is precious so choose programs wisely and be sure they fit with the big picture.

People naturally want to help so keep communication channels as open as possible.

18 Other Employee Reviews for Rêv Worldwide (View Most Recent)

Innovation in the heart of Texas

Current Employee - Director in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Director in Austin, TX

I have been working at Rêv Worldwide full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Pros are all about what you are looking for as an employee. For me - I wanted a face paced environment where I would be able to work on my own and work with others around the world. I also wanted to work with a start up that I could help grow and grow with. Finally, I wanted an entrepreneurial environment so that I could tackle new tasks out of my traditional work scope - learning more and becoming more knowledgable about business as a whole. Working at Rev has fit all of my needs and more.

Cons

Some may see the following as a con - long work hours and working weekends. Rev is a start up and that means 24/7 - but you have to remind yourself that you are a building block of a company. Your hard work is making the stronger and creating more value. When you see it that way the long hours and weekends are not really a con.

The management from the top down is great. The are wise beyond their years and they offer a track record of success in a variety of fields. I am privileged to work with such a diverse and knowledgable management team. I ask that they keep communicating to us the goals and the vision of Rev.

A Journey

Current Employee - Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Rêv Worldwide full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Talented and driven co-workers.
    Very little bureaucracy.
    Freedom to explore various career opportunities. If you are talented and hard working, you will be recognized and rewarded without having to be a brownnoser.
    Freedom to chart your own course.
    Many projects involve global markets and, thus, present unique life experience .
    You are as good as you want to be. In many projects, the stake holders are expected to do the analysis, planning and research. They are discouraged from simply taking orders from their manager.
    The company went through a brief but rough period and many people, some of them extremely talented, were not ready for the bumpy adventure and decided to leave. Today, the company consists of people who are dedicated and are willing to take risk...and they want to be here.
    Advice to potential employees. Success is not whether you draw a steady stream of paychecks or your title. It is when you look back in five years you are proud of your achievements.

Cons

It is in every way a startup: there are instabilities and people have to adapt to unexpected challenges and work. This company is not for everyone. If you are competent but expect a regular 9 to 5 schedule, this company is not a good fit.
    During the bumpy ride period, the company should've managed the process in a more orderly fashion. I hope the management team has taken the time to reflect on the experience and learn from the mistakes as well as the positive measures taken.
    You are expected to be on your own. It is a sink-or-swim environment and it may turn new employees off if they are not mentally prepared.
    It takes some time to get use to the somewhat chaotic nature of the environment. The company at some point needs to invest upfront in training its new employees through mentorship.
    It is a 24x7 company. At times, it can be exhausting and unnerving and subsequently contributes to inter-deparmental tension.

Focus. There are too many ambitious projects. There are many concrete projects in the pipeline to propel the company into a big success. We don't need to take on any more speculative deals.

There are newer employer reviews for Rêv Worldwide