Living in the past

Current Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at R.H. Donnelley full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good performance based bonus opportunities, good place to get your feet wet

Cons

- Antiquated sales process, training, products - Limited vision - Regular roll out of unproven products - Poor employee development - Career track to mgmt determined ONLY by sales results

Advice to Management

- Add emphasis on skills & career development with employees - Concentrate on your customers, LISTEN to them. They are under appreciated, receive very limited service, and often times feel 'duped.' - Consider investing in employees for long term career advancement. A lot of time & $$ is spent hiring, training, firing yet turnover is regular.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great Company until R.H. Donnelley took over

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Denver, CO

I worked at R.H. Donnelley

Pros

Still pays very well if you can convince customers that YP's are still a good investment. Internet product is crappy but most small businesses don't know any better. Easier to sell.

Cons

Upper Management is trying to squeeze the last dollars out of advertising base before the product becomes completely obsolete. Lots and lots of pressure for hard core selling and closing.

Advice to Management

Stop all of the non productive busy work. It seems like the main event is the company is filling out enough paperwork so your boss can justify to her boss that you're working.

2. Great place to work with forward thinking leadership

Current Employee - District Manager in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - District Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at R.H. Donnelley

Pros

Proactive and growth oriented leadership drives our business to offer cutting edge products and services. Compensation is commiserate with drive and ambition. This com Any offers the strongest new hire training I have ever experienced.

Cons

Our IT department has been outsourced to India. Our graphic artists are now mainly based in the Phillipines. Communication barriers affect level of productivity in dealing with both departments.

Advice to Management

Bring back the graphic artists. They are the creators of our products, and we cannot afford to have an inferior product in this day and age.