R+L Carriers

www.rlcarriers.com

Once a proud driver.......those days are gone

Current Employee - Driver-BTC  in  Battle Creek, MI
Current Employee - Driver-BTC in Battle Creek, MI

Pros

R&L Carriers offers a comparible wage to other fleets. If you are looking for a real challenge in the LTL business then R&L is it.

Cons

Where do I start? Ok.....just a couple points. Just how far can you mentally beat down a man? Pretty far. At one point 401k's were stripped. Personal days gone. Pay frozen. Yeah I know, bad economy. However RL continued to make a profit through it all & continues to do so. Don't get me wrong, I want my company to make a profit. That's a good thing but you also need to eventually bring back your laborers back into the fold. That's not happening. You remember the first thing we got back as a way of saying "thanks for the hard work"? PRIDE POINTS. Really? Really? I can now accumulate "points"
to purchase RL gear. That's embarrasing. I would rather have something nicer like a "jelly bean of the month club membership". Now were talking. Its just plain demoralizing. Last I checked I couldn't redeem my pride points for groceries at the store. Ever try to pay a utility bill with those points? I tried once......it failed. So instead of qualifying for bonuses or drawings or ANYTHING we get pride points? WOW.
Last point to make- We are currently being FORCED to use our 3 personal......excuse me.....RL days.
We cannot hold them and use them at our leisure. We have to burn them now because my terminal hired extra drivers during the slow months & now we are overstaffed. Brilliant. Hey...well at least I can get a nice 3-day weekend so I can plan something with my family. WRONG. Forced days are scheduled for Tues/Wed/Thurs.....Sorry.
In closure: I could go on & on. I'm probably not telling you anything new but my co-workers and I are utterly frustrated. No communication. Same problems every day. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over & over and expecting a different result. Hmmm.......on that note.....I"M OUT.

Listen to the concerns & complaints of your employees and listen to them....truly listen. I understand you will hear common complaints from people that makes you shake your head BUT.....just listen for a moment. You must understand that when you continually chip away at a man's pride & self-worth you leave him with nothing. Communicate....be fair....give & take....be honest. You will end up with the employee that you once hired and he/she will go the extra mile........AGAIN.

Other reviews for R+L Carriers

A never-ending nightmare

Current Employee - P&D Driver  in  Battle Creek, MI
    Current Employee - P&D Driver in Battle Creek, MI

Pros

Pay and some decent benefits, having the employee resorts is a plus when you get the opportunity to use them.

Cons

No respect for employees whatsoever, they will write you up in a heartbeat but yet will never give you praise for a job well done. Thank you is seldom heard from management. Management from the highest levels to the bottom is inept at best. Hazmat papers filled out wrong which by rule is the shippers responsibility to make sure are properly filled out have been thrown upon the drivers to babysit otherwise if we don't catch the mistake in our hurried driving where we are on time constraints we get penalized. Usually a day off without pay.where do I stop, because moral is gone, nobody wants to work for them anymore. It's not what you did for me yesterday or for the many tireless years of sacrifice you've given and the hardships you've had to bear or the time you spend away from your family and never getting the time off for your children's sports or other school activities, its always what did you do for me today? If I could I would quoting a heartbeat because I loath this company as much as they seem to loath me.

Look around, anyone smiling? Nope. If you do see someone's teeth its more than likely a grimace due to the agony they feel when walking through the doors at r&l. Try treating your employees with some respect. Treat them like you used too years ago, like family.

Only work here if you are unemployed and keep looking for something better

Former Employee - Information Technology  in  Wilmington, OH
    Former Employee - Information Technology in Wilmington, OH

Pros

Good technology and informal work atmosphere. Employees generally help each other out. Non-IT side of the business is very friendly.

Cons

No work life balance. They expect 60 hours a week. No 401k, no sick days. Very unorganized. Some members of management are dishonest. IT facilities are terrible, the place is a dump. You have to report on time even during level 3 snow emergencies. Very high turnover.

Treat employees with respect. Be honest. IT directors and above have to be replaced. Have the business communicate directly with IT and not go through the project managers.

There are newer employer reviews for R+L Carriers.

Worked for R+L Carriers? Contribute to the Community!