Financial / Research Analyst - Contract

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Financial Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at R.R. Donnelley full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They contract out and work with fortune 500 clients

Cons

Dysfunctional management and organization. They talk the talk but do not walk the walk. Make sure you get everything in writing and do not trust their word.

Advice to Management

Get your act together.

Other Employee Reviews for R.R. Donnelley

1. One of the few printing companies left that still have room for employees to grow.

Former Employee - Sales Professional in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Professional in Irving, TX

I worked at R.R. Donnelley full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Donnelley offers a wide variety of opportunities to employees once hired. It is a great company to work for.

Cons

Being such a large company it can be hard to accomplish small tasks. Paperwork seems to be overwhelming at times.

Very unfavorable to its employees... no 401k match anymore... no innovation whatsoever...

Former Employee - Manager in Warrenville, IL
    Former Employee - Manager in Warrenville, IL

I worked at R.R. Donnelley full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The pros are your coworkers. You are all in the same boat

Cons

* In a dying industry.. Print. * Company is always looking to move work offshore at any opportunity. * Benefits are horrific. They just stopped 401k match. Health benefits are a joke. * Leadership is such a joke that they move everyone to a new building and they do not even have the forethought to think about not having enough space for parking! I worked at RR Donnelley in technology in leadership for quite a few years. My entire career has been about innovation with focus on team building. In the years I was there my focus was to build systems to reduce cost and headcount. I watched not only as we closed plants, but also benefits and healthcare were cut. In fact, now 401k match is no longer available. What a joke. There are so many opportunities out there in IT... so many places for talent to go and get compensated fairly. I would not ever recommend anyone in IT ever work for Donnelley... you can go elsewhere and get 30% more money and 1000% better benefits. You get what you pay for RRD, enjoy. RRD thinks about cutting costs and saving money, upper management pats themselves on the back, then realizes later that they did not think everything through...

Advice to Management

Read my cons.