Customer Service Leader

I have been working at R.R. Donnelley

Pros

The people and working in the financial industry. Dynamic opportunity to deliver customized solutions. Fast paced.

Cons

Many forces and factors are working against RRD. Tough to manage all of it and deliver top line growth. If anyone can, RRD can.

Other Reviews for R.R. Donnelley

Not sure they actually value their employees....

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Lancaster, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, PA

I have been working at R.R. Donnelley full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Schedule is very flexible, at least in my department. Locally, the company is active in community outreach....school supply drive for needy children, Christmas presents for seniors, food drive for the Humane League, etc. In my opinion (I know some of my coworkers feel differently), management is doing the best they can with what the corporate folks are allowing them to do. I actually respect them a lot, because I believe they share my frustrations, but are in a very bad position because the higher-ups don't allow them to implement the changes necessary to maintain employee satisfaction.

Cons

Wow...a lot, it seems. Didn't really think about it until I was asked to list them, but here goes....they absolutely (again, at least in my department) do not pay the employees what they are worth. The equipment (computers, phones, cubicles, etc) are WAY outdated. As a result, they ask you to churn out a ridiculous amount of work while not providing you the tools with which to churn. They have methodically taken away benefit after benefit...pension, health benefits,401k match and bonuses. Ridiculously inadequate systems...when you have to wait (literally...I timed it) 3 minutes to go from one screen to another within the proprietary applications, it is obviously time to upgrade.

Local management...keep fighting the good fight. At least this employee appreciates your continued efforts. Big shots at the corporate level...please realize that it's us little people who are actually doing the work that is earning you your million dollar salaries. A little expense in the grand scheme of things, for instance a consistent small bonus or timely upgrades to facilities and equipment, will pay huge dividends. Your employees should feel lucky to work for you but you should also feel lucky to have the employees that you have. You may have lost sight of the fact that we are literally all in this together. Even a small act of appreciation will gain you employee loyalty, which is something I find to be lacking. Please remember as you are sitting in your big house not having to worry about how you will pay your electric bill that a lot of your employees do not share that experience. We are all just trying to keep a decent roof over our heads and food on the table. Perhaps you could cut your salaries/bonuses just a bit to give the folks in the trenches just a bit more.

Software Engineer

I have been working at R.R. Donnelley

Pros

Not much to say here,

Cons

Poor Health benefits and below average salary compared to Industry standards.

There are newer employer reviews for R.R. Donnelley.

Worked for R.R. Donnelley? Contribute to the Community!