R.R. Donnelley
www.rrdonnelley.com Chicago, IL 5000+ Employees

Not sure they actually value their employees....

Lancaster, PA

ProsSchedule is very flexible, at least in my department. Locally, the company is active in community outreach....school supply drive for needy children, Christmas presents for seniors, food drive for the Humane League, etc. In my opinion (I know some of my coworkers feel differently), management is doing the best they can with what the corporate folks are allowing them to do. I actually respect them a lot, because I believe they share my frustrations, but are in a very bad position because the higher-ups don't allow them to implement the changes necessary to maintain employee satisfaction.

ConsWow...a lot, it seems. Didn't really think about it until I was asked to list them, but here goes....they absolutely (again, at least in my department) do not pay the employees what they are worth. The equipment (computers, phones, cubicles, etc) are WAY outdated. As a result, they ask you to churn out a ridiculous amount of work while not providing you the tools with which to churn. They have methodically taken away benefit after benefit...pension, health benefits,401k match and bonuses. Ridiculously inadequate systems...when you have to wait (literally...I timed it) 3 minutes to go from one screen to another within the proprietary applications, it is obviously time to upgrade.

Advice to Senior ManagementLocal management...keep fighting the good fight. At least this employee appreciates your continued efforts. Big shots at the corporate level...please realize that it's us little people who are actually doing the work that is earning you your million dollar salaries. A little expense in the grand scheme of things, for instance a consistent small bonus or timely upgrades to facilities and equipment, will pay huge dividends. Your employees should feel lucky to work for you but you should also feel lucky to have the employees that you have. You may have lost sight of the fact that we are literally all in this together. Even a small act of appreciation will gain you employee loyalty, which is something I find to be lacking. Please remember as you are sitting in your big house not having to worry about how you will pay your electric bill that a lot of your employees do not share that experience. We are all just trying to keep a decent roof over our heads and food on the table. Perhaps you could cut your salaries/bonuses just a bit to give the folks in the trenches just a bit more.

Software Engineer

I have been working at R.R. Donnelley

Pros: Not much to say here, Cons: Poor Health benefits and below average salary compared to Industry… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Financial / Research Analyst - Contract

Financial Analyst (Current Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

I have been working at R.R. Donnelley full-time for more than a year

Pros: They contract out and work with fortune 500 clients Cons: Dysfunctional management and organization. They talk the talk but do not walk the walk.… Advice to Senior Management: Get your act together. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on R.R. Donnelley.

Worked for R.R. Donnelley? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at R.R. Donnelley reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for R.R. Donnelley CEO Tom Quinlan III. All reviews posted anonymously by R.R. Donnelley employees.