R.R. Donnelley
www.rrdonnelley.com Chicago, IL 5000+ Employees

A Good Start To The Year

(Current Employee)
Chanhassen, MN

ProsPROS; My colleagues – the hard-working people who strive, almost always in the face of worse-than shockingly poor management and supervision, to ensure the work gets through the plant to the customers’ satisfaction and, therefore, to the plant’s and the company’s betterment.

Also, most recently, a corporate management that has begun to actually listen and change things that should either never have been implemented at all, 4 years ago or should have been open to adaptation – and change – as soon as it became clear that processes placed an intolerable burden on those having to work with them. That, in itself, is a morale-boost for those of us who have worked with four years of the most venal and self-serving plant management it’s possible to imagine.

ConsJobs for the boys (and girls) still seems to be the modus operandi. Despite the fact that they can’t hang on to the staff they do appoint from outside – who, invariably, don’t hang around for long when they see what a nightmare it is to actually get work done. It seems that being a friend – and regular lunch companion of senior management (a description of position, not ability) – can get you a ‘promotion’, in one baffling case from PR to HR. That said, the PR job was pretty-much a well-paid, work-free sinecure for the last 4 years…

This is a workplace – not a social club.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo the corporate management – thank you for, at last, taking us seriously and for the changes you have made, so far. However, there is only one real way this plant is going to fully heal and function to its best potential (and, potentially, that is among the best in the RRD fold); for the plant to be managed by competent people who can actually manage a multi-disciplined print plant, and who understand ALL the work we do. People who can instil confidence, respect and trust and who can do so with honesty and integrity.

We’re all willing to work as hard as we can – and as hard as we still do (when we’re actually allowed to) for RRD. That’s all it takes – honesty and integrity – to earn our respect and trust.

Also, a forensic financial audit of this plant's books over the last 4 years might not go amiss.

As the saying goes, Leopards can’t change their spots.

Not sure they actually value their employees....

Lancaster, PA

I have been working at R.R. Donnelley full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Schedule is very flexible, at least in my department. Locally, the company is active in community outreach....school supply drive for needy children, Christmas presents for… Cons: Wow...a lot, it seems. Didn't really think about it until I was asked to list them, but here goes....they absolutely (again, at least in my… Advice to Senior Management: Local management...keep fighting the good fight. At least this employee appreciates your continued efforts. Big shots at the corporate level...please realize that it's us little… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Software Engineer

I have been working at R.R. Donnelley

Pros: Not much to say here, Cons: Poor Health benefits and below average salary compared to Industry… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on R.R. Donnelley.

Worked for R.R. Donnelley? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at R.R. Donnelley reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for R.R. Donnelley CEO Tom Quinlan III. All reviews posted anonymously by R.R. Donnelley employees.