R.R. Donnelley

There are newer employer reviews for R.R. Donnelley

Master Data Analyst

Former Employee - Master Data Analyst in Saint Charles, IL
Former Employee - Master Data Analyst in Saint Charles, IL

I worked at R.R. Donnelley full-time (less than an year)

Pros

They honored your work and didn't micro manager. Also, upper management implemented my ideas immediately.

Cons

I am not still working there.

Give an opportunity for the contractor to talk to HR to see if there was any full time positions.

496 Other Employee Reviews for R.R. Donnelley (View Most Recent)

If you enjoy being treated like chattel, you'll love RRD!

I have been working at R.R. Donnelley full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The pros have nothing to do with RR Donnelley. It's a mere accident that there are some cool coworkers to commiserate with.

Cons

Nothing gets done without months of waiting for something to go "up the chain" and back down again - and you'll probably have forgotten you asked for anything anyway. They really don't give a crap. Nonexistent HR who barely even know employment law. Below par pay, and raises below cost of living which have nothing to do with merit or performance. You can be the laziest lame-o from losertown - as long as you do the minimum, and show up on time, you'll get your crappy raise. (maybe that's a pro?)

Get rid of the fat. You have too many managers whose sole job is to manage other managers, who manage managers, and so on. That's a lot of managers. And guess what? They get nothing done. Your company is busting at the seams from overpurchasing other companies who you have yet to integrate into viable, useful divisions.

Also, CARE about your employees. A 1% raise for all, in all divisions, plants, etc. with no consideration of their contribution to the company is a total slap in the face to those who work hard. Also, that bonus that you gave to EVERYONE, IN THE SAME AMOUNT, means that the 20-hour a week part-timer got a HUGE bonus, while the 40-hour a week project manager is getting the shaft.

Stop doing coke and golfing all the time and care about the future of your company. You need to streamline, fast. The Street thinks you're a joke, too.

Horrible Experience

I worked at R.R. Donnelley

Pros

I was positioned at the office in Bolingbrook. The surrounding area was an overall nice atmosphere. The building was clean, and I meet some nice people while working for R.R. Donnelley.

Cons

Long Hours, Bad management, horrible training. Lack of communication was my biggest downfall.

Learn how to do your job so that your co-workers can do theirs. Have better training, and less stress.

There are newer employer reviews for R.R. Donnelley