R.R. Donnelley
www.rrdonnelley.com Chicago, IL 5000+ Employees

If you enjoy being treated like chattel, you'll love RRD!

I have been working at R.R. Donnelley full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe pros have nothing to do with RR Donnelley. It's a mere accident that there are some cool coworkers to commiserate with.

ConsNothing gets done without months of waiting for something to go "up the chain" and back down again - and you'll probably have forgotten you asked for anything anyway. They really don't give a crap. Nonexistent HR who barely even know employment law. Below par pay, and raises below cost of living which have nothing to do with merit or performance. You can be the laziest lame-o from losertown - as long as you do the minimum, and show up on time, you'll get your crappy raise. (maybe that's a pro?)

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the fat. You have too many managers whose sole job is to manage other managers, who manage managers, and so on. That's a lot of managers. And guess what? They get nothing done. Your company is busting at the seams from overpurchasing other companies who you have yet to integrate into viable, useful divisions.

Also, CARE about your employees. A 1% raise for all, in all divisions, plants, etc. with no consideration of their contribution to the company is a total slap in the face to those who work hard. Also, that bonus that you gave to EVERYONE, IN THE SAME AMOUNT, means that the 20-hour a week part-timer got a HUGE bonus, while the 40-hour a week project manager is getting the shaft.

Stop doing coke and golfing all the time and care about the future of your company. You need to streamline, fast. The Street thinks you're a joke, too.

it is a job not a career

Digital Printer Operator (Current Employee)
Dallas, TX

I have been working at R.R. Donnelley full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: it is a job not a career. Cons: just got a raise- 1% company wide!!!!! Advice to Senior Management: treat emploee's like people not a number!!!! No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

No HR... Managers all over country and oblivious

Creative Manager (Former Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I worked at R.R. Donnelley full-time for less than a year

Pros: Global Company with "offices" all over Cons: Poor leadership. No training at all. HR unresponsive and 1,000 miles away. This was easily the worst managed company I've ever worked for. To be… Advice to Senior Management: All of your employees whether at an FM site or… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on R.R. Donnelley.

Worked for R.R. Donnelley? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at R.R. Donnelley reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for R.R. Donnelley CEO Tom Quinlan III. All reviews posted anonymously by R.R. Donnelley employees.