There are newer employer reviews for R.R. Donnelley

Wish I knew than what I know now

I have been working at R.R. Donnelley full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Some of the people are great. Close to home. Good hours.

Cons

Not having the right equipment . Bad pay increases (however I am personally ok with where I am at pay wise - just have taken on more work and not really seeing the benefits of having done that - 1% accross the board - that is what I mean by bad pay increases.). Unreasonable demands. Have priorities messed up. Absolutely no work/life balance. If I knew than what I know now I would not have taken the job.

Please please listen to your employees. We know what we need to do our jobs yet some in upper mgmt think they know better and it warrants no further discussion period. As far as work/life balance...having managers just flippantly say..well you will just have to work overtime, instead of really looking further ahead is just not the right thing to say. I have watched people come in with great attitudes and desire to learn and do a good job - than after awhile just do not care any more. This is clearly a mgmt issue. Please just have an open mind.

reviews filtered by
  1. Great co-workers, encouraging sales reps, but not much room for growth and advancement

Current Employee - Account Manager in Iowa City, IA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Iowa City, IA

I have been working at R.R. Donnelley full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Co workers
    Sales Rep
    Flexible with work/ilfe balance

Cons

Duties are merged between positions and there's a lot of competition for getting higher position/salary but not much opportunity.

Reward hard workers so they have an incentive to work harder, cut pay on those who waste their time.

2. Decent company to work for, ok benefits, but not much room for advancement.

I have been working at R.R. Donnelley

Pros

The people here are great, the atmosphere is good, and the building has all the amenities you could ask for in a downtown office building.

Cons

Not much room for advancement. If you want to get promoted, you practically have to wait for your boss to leave or get fired. Benefits & pay are on the middle to lower end of the industry scale.

Make benefits more attractive to keep your employees. You can start by offering tuition reimbursement, more vacation days, and actually paying out bonuses.

There are newer employer reviews for R.R. Donnelley