There are newer employer reviews for R.R. Donnelley

Inept lower management who are trying to save their high-paying jobs in a dying industry.

I have been working at R.R. Donnelley full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Co-workers who are conscientious about their work.

Cons

Inept lower management: dictatorial, condescending, unethical, intimidatory. Quick to reduce work hours for hourly workers when business get slow. 1% raises. No opportunity for career growth (because the industry is dying and people are staying put). Stale atmosphere.

Recognize the fact that the print industry is contracting at an exponential pace. In order to stay alive long-term the industry must transition itself into other communication media.

437 Other Employee Reviews for R.R. Donnelley (View Most Recent)

Wish I knew than what I know now

I have been working at R.R. Donnelley full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Some of the people are great. Close to home. Good hours.

Cons

Not having the right equipment . Bad pay increases (however I am personally ok with where I am at pay wise - just have taken on more work and not really seeing the benefits of having done that - 1% accross the board - that is what I mean by bad pay increases.). Unreasonable demands. Have priorities messed up. Absolutely no work/life balance. If I knew than what I know now I would not have taken the job.

Please please listen to your employees. We know what we need to do our jobs yet some in upper mgmt think they know better and it warrants no further discussion period. As far as work/life balance...having managers just flippantly say..well you will just have to work overtime, instead of really looking further ahead is just not the right thing to say. I have watched people come in with great attitudes and desire to learn and do a good job - than after awhile just do not care any more. This is clearly a mgmt issue. Please just have an open mind.

Relatively Stable Company But Extremely Cheap

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Elk Grove Village, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Elk Grove Village, IL

I have been working at R.R. Donnelley full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Flexible working hours. Nice people to work with. Casual Work Attire. Opportunities to learn new technologies.

Cons

Lack of appreciation of management to employee. Not rewarded for hard work. No real chance for advancement. An Extremely Cheap Company.

Management should consider their employee's contributions before arbitrarily putting them at the bottom of the pile. Also consider investing in your future -- your employees. As a long time RRD employee I am considering leaving along with many who have already left. The recent 1% raise was an absolute joke to all who received it. I'm sure upper management receives more than 1% on a yearly basis, and it is doubtful that it is well deserved.

There are newer employer reviews for R.R. Donnelley

Worked for R.R. Donnelley? Contribute to the Community!